Auto req ID: 6302BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking to break into a career as a data scientist? Are you passionate about finding insights in data? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Data Scientist at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
This role will involve…
- Liaising with key stakeholders in understanding and identifying the business requirements and needs.
- Designing and implementing advanced analytics approaches including statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms, text mining, web analytics etc. to answer business questions and drive actionable insights.
- Working with very large data sets (both structured and unstructured) and design, develop and implement R&D and pre-product prototype solutions.
- Performing Data cleansing/transformation, feature engineering, apply statistical analysis, data visualization, data mining.
- Designing and develop algorithms and define path to implementation with IT teams.
- Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for model development, model validation, model implementation and large-scale data analysis.
- Communicating analytical results in a way that is relevant for business partners and provides actionable insights.
- Providing thought-leadership and lead execution of diverse projects.
- Having the ability to discover new opportunities where advanced analytical techniques can be used for solving business problems.
- Identifying emergent trends and opportunities for future business growth and development.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
- 1-3 years’ experience with data science analytics including statistics, machine learning, and data mining
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related degrees
- Solid understanding of machine learning and data mining techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Proficient with Statistics and Quantitative Analysis
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as GGplot, D3.js, Tableau, QlikView etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Elastic Search, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Great applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Proficient in software design and development including Data Structure, OOP/OOD, SQL/NoSQL Database
- Good scripting and programming skills in Python, Perl, Java, C++, Scala, Go, etc.
- Capability of analytics tools like R, SAS, SPSS preferred
- Capability of Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, QlikView, etc. preferred
- Relevant experience in Big Data platforms like Hadoop and its eco-system
- Data-oriented personality
- Superb communication skills
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.