Auto req ID: 6301BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for an exciting place to jumpstart your career? Do you feel passionate about innovative technology? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Software Engineer at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
This Engineering role will involve…
- Producing high-quality code that meets specifications
- Adhering to technical standards under broad supervision
- Designing minor complexity components and implements them
- Performing problem/task isolation, analysis, research and resolution of moderate complexity with minimum assistance
- Assisting in analysis and design of larger projects
- Following established standards of application delivery
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
- Experience: 0-2 years
- 2 or 4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education preferred
- Education/training or experience within field of concentration preferred
- Understands individual role and responsibility; learns work group's roles and responsibilities as they relate to BU and Travelport
- Provides operational and technical support on tasks
- Seeks coaching/mentoring from manager and other team members
- Assumes ownership and accountability for assigned work
- Has basic knowledge of job function principles, theories, and concepts to complete assignments of limited/supervised scope
- Some experience in software development strongly preferred
- Experience in positions in Quality Assurance, project management, operations and other technical areas helpful
- Able to successfully handle multiple assignments concurrently while adhering to specified technical methods and standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking ability
- Able to be adaptable and flexible as business needs change
- Able to quickly acquire necessary working knowledge on-the-job, through formal and informal/ self-directed training
- Familiar with SDLC and role-specific processes
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, plus Microsoft Project helpful
- Experience of Jira for Requirements
- Visio as applicable
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Less than 1 year