Auto req ID: 6300BR
Employee type: Intern - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking to gain experience, work on real world-projects, and connect with other highly-intelligent fun people in the technology industry? Do you feel passionate about learning a lot and making an impact? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Summer 2019 Intern at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of one of our many teams, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in joining a team that’s responsible for delivering truly innovative software that impacts our many customers and travelers around the world for 12-weeks during the summer.
As an Intern at Travelport, you will help us evolve and advance our industry with a single-minded aim – to create a more connected, more efficient and more profitable world for our customers.
You will have the opportunity to work in one of the following roles this summer:
- Big Data Engineering Intern
- Big Data & Analytics Intern
- Business Analyst Intern
- Cyber Security Intern
- Data Analytics Intern
- Database Administration Intern
- Financial Analyst Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Marketing Intern
- Procurement Intern
- Project Management Intern
- Quality Analysis Intern
- Software Development Engineering Intern
- Systems Administration Intern
- Systems Engineering Intern
As a Summer Intern, you may be asked to:
- Ensure functional and/or technical designs meet business requirements so target results are achieved
- Analyze and interpret data to find trends and formulate sound business recommendations
- Assist in with the review of test cases, prepare test data and provide assistance with defect clarification
- Assist with process improvement activities within the Travelport End-to-End Delivery Model
- Provide common technical services for OTM, Session Remediation, and Common Base Infrastructure
- Perform entry-level testing and debugging of software applications and modify code as needed
- Evaluate and handle complex storage infrastructure and develop restore testing documentation for local and remote back-up copies
- Maintain and support key applications, infrastructure and software
- Takes responsibility for a set of tasks to help initiate, plan, execute, control, and/or close a project
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high, and lead change.
- Actively pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Math, Statistics, or related field with a graduation date no later than Spring/Summer 2020.
- A student with strong academic performance.
- An understanding and working knowledge of productivity applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and keen attention to detail
- Good leadership skills with the ability to work effectively in a team as demonstrated through extra-curricular activities, school projects and/or work experience
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Self-motivated and can-do attitude with a real passion for the advancement of Technology
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
- Hands-on experience and contribute to real-world Travelport problems.
- Competitive hourly pay during the 12-week summer program.
- 3 days of un-paid time off.
- The opportunity to network with each other and former interns, recent graduates, hiring managers, and site-specific company leaders through various social and learning/development events.
Applicants for this position must have work authorization that does not now or at any point in the future require Company sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.