Auto req ID: 6490BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport.
As an Account Executive at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech. You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Commercial team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in supporting the sales team grow bookings and maintain and maximize revenues. You will accomplish this by providing technical and functional consultancy and support to help customers grow their business and increase usage of Travelport products and services in Mexico.
You will be involved in….
- Support the Agency Sales team on the generation of new business, as well as the retention and increase of existing business in Latin America countries.
- Demonstrate benefits and features of (new and existing) products and services to customers with the goal of convincing them to purchase them, as well as provide insightful feedback regarding the support liability and possible customer impact and issues before new products are deployed.
- Work with Account Management in developing and maintaining strong relationships with key users and influencers within an agency location, ensuring business solutions are understood and valued by the customer.
- Develop programs and procedures to identify source and reason for passive bookings with the goal of converting passive to live bookings.
- Work closely with customers to provide detailed analyses of dubious airline debit memos and follow through on an acceptable resolution.
- Build strong working relationships with the Agency Sales organization, as well as other LoBs to ensure processes and procedures meet both internal and external customer expectations.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
• Be a player, not a spectator. You will take ownership and make things happen.
• Think we, not me. We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
• Keep it simple. We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
• Build for tomorrow. You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
- 3+ years’ experience within the travel industry; specific to working with or within travel agency environments.
- 3+ years’ experience in an Account Management or Business Development capacity.
- Minimum of 80% English proficiency required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in Spanish.
- Excellent analytical skills. Good organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Project management knowledge is a plus; focused on organization, planning, driving performance and follow-up.
- Brazilian Portuguese proficiency is a plus but is not required.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Posted: February 8, 2019