Auto req ID: 6406BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking to develop yourself further in Sales? if so, then we could be the place for you.
As an Account Manager at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
When you work at Travelport you can make a difference to the millions of people who travel around the world. As an Account Manager you’ll be joining a team that’s responsible for running our relationship with customers, building new connections and maximising profit.
The Account Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of existing accounts, ensuring that we maintain excellent day-to-day customer relationships (subscriber or supplier), so as to improving all revenue opportunities for the business with their customers. The overall objective of the role is to ensure the renewal of customer contracts and grow the share of business within the customer, in addition to finding opportunities for the upsell of new products and services in order to grow the accounts within their existing customer portfolio.
This role will involve
- Maintain positive relationships with key individuals within a specified number of accounts and/or within a geographically defined territory
- Work alongside the customer to ensure long term commitment by focusing on depth of product usage, highlighting the benefits and values to the customer
- Maintain a high standard of account management by providing active support along with achieving customer satisfaction and retention of the assigned account portfolio, representing the Travelport brand
- Develop strategies and orchestrates company resources to improve sales volume and profit goals within assigned account/territory and accordingly build and maintain an appropriate sales plan
- Provide professional demonstrations, product consultancy and support
- Support proposals for new business opportunities
- Understand the customer business process and the dependencies of 3rd party products, documenting clearly in the account plan
- Provide technical expertise on the integration of products and services, enlisting the assistance of subject matter experts as required.
- Communicate effectively with other departments to ensure support strategies are understood and supported by colleagues.
- Participate in reviews of the customer business processes, capturing customer requirements.
- Develop scripts and customised rules, for customers, on a consultancy basis.
- Coordinate with customers, IT support, customer service, Sales Managers and 3rd party suppliers to meet users' requirements, problems solve and implement new installation.
- Provide customer performance analysis and forecast; define course of actions to improve customer performance in using Travelport’s products (Account Development Plan)
- Maintain and update all sales activities by individual account by CRM
- Organize and perform regular onsite support to ensure users’ relief level in using Travelport’s system.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date Account Plans as necessary, achieving agreement for plans with the clients
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an account management role
- Demonstrates excellent account/relationship management, having developed and cultivated lasting customer relationships
- Has a proven track record of achievement against target and personal objectives
- Shown ability to take ownership of accounts and with enthusiasm drive the relationship with the customer
- Shown customer engagement skills
- Consistent record in a solution selling capacity within high-tech and/or travel industry
- Conversant with Travelport’s order submission process and pricing structures
- Confirmed understanding of Travelport’s Products, Support & Services offerings, continually developing knowledge
- Ability to analyse and take ownership of customer issues
- Ability to think strategically and challenge customer’s current technical and functional processes, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of customer buying process
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounts, competitors the market and the industry
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience or understanding of Travel and / or technology
- Understanding of and compliance with legal terms & conditions
- Maintains a structured approach in leading the customer, logging customer activities and communications appropriately
- Decisive and self-aware with presence and credibility
- Self-starter with ability to apply initiative
- Approaches task with dynamism, drive and focus
- Holds self-accountable
- Takes ownership of understanding the Sales Incentive Plan (SIP)
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.