Auto req ID: 6842BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and handling travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport.
Are you looking for an exciting place to jump start your career? Do you feel passionate about supporting accounts as your own business and taking ownership and initiative in driving business growth? If so, then we could be the place for you.
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Agency Commerce Team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in the Canadian Sales team as an Account Manager responsible for the development and maintenance of existing accounts, ensuring that we have excellent day to day customer relationships (subscriber or supplier), in addition to maximizing all revenue opportunities for the business with their customer.
The overall objective of the Account Manager is to ensure the renewal of customer contracts and grow the share of business within the customer, in addition to finding opportunities for the upsell of new products and services to grow the accounts within their existing customer portfolio.
The Account Manager should regard their account base as their own business and take ownership and initiative in driving business growth. The Account Manager should be able to establish the highest level of relationships within a customer and drive the customer’s strategic imperatives as well as simply handling the day-to-day. The Account Manager should aspire to be an industry expert- capable of demonstrating the knowledge to effectively consult and add true value to a customer’s business. Internally, the Account Manager should be the central driving strength for mobilizing Travelport resources, striving passionately on the customer’s behalf to overachieve.
Whilst not a ‘technical’ resource, the Account Manager should have a strong grasp of the functional and technical principles of the Travelport platform and the travel technology world, thus allowing them to appear knowledgeable and able to support at multi-levels within a customer.
Strong Account Managers are dynamic, persuasive, ambitious and curious…looking to self-develop and to ensure that this reflects into the growth they commit to customers
- Maintains good relationships with key individuals within a specified number of accounts and/or within a geographically defined territory.
- Responsible for expanding and retaining accounts while ensuring ongoing excellent customer service.
- Primary sales point-of-contact for the account: represents the organization to the customer and the customer to the organization.
- Responsible for mapping customer requirements to Travelport’s products and services in order to grow the business.
- Develops strategies and orchestrates company resources to maximize sales volume and profit goals within assigned account/territory and accordingly builds and maintains an appropriate sales plan.
- Effectively engages and uses resources with Account Executive, Advanced Solutions Managers, Hospitality BDMs and other Sales resources as required, in addition to building co-operative and effective relationships with internal teams such as Product, Legal, Finance, Sales Ops and Marketing.
- Identifies and qualifies opportunities, developing & executing the sales process.
- Responsible for account penetration and sales growth.
- Meets or exceeds discount/profit margin goals.
- Builds, qualifies and maintains pipeline opportunities.
- Maintains complete and up to date Account plans as necessary, achieving consensus for plans with the customer.
- Proficient in Oracle CRM navigation, ensuring Oracle CRM is always up to date and accurate.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Demonstrates excellent account/relationship management, having developed and cultivated lasting customer relationships.
- Has a consistent track record of achievement against target and personal objectives.
- Validated ability to take ownership of accounts and with dedication drive the relationship with the customer.
- Proven customer engagement skills.
- Consistent record in a solution selling capacity within high-tech and/or travel industry.
- Conversant with Travelport’s order submission process and pricing structures.
- Proven understanding of Travelport’s Products, Support & Services offerings, continually developing knowledge.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of customer buying process.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounts, competitors the market and the industry.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to frequently travel locally and globally
- Understanding of and compliance with legal terms & conditions.
- Maintains a structured approach in handling the customer, logging customer activities and communications appropriately.
- Decisive and self-aware with presence and credibility.
- Self-starter with ability to apply initiative.
- Approaches task with dynamism, drive and focus.
- Holds self-accountable.
- Takes ownership of understanding the Sales Incentive Plan (SIP).
- Standout colleague.
Education & Qualifications:
- Further education qualification preferred or equivalent experience.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
- Be a player, not a spectator. You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me. We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple. We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow. You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch!
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.