Auto req ID: 6324BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking to be part of a truly global transformation project? Do you want to work in a role where you can drive real change and have close visibility to senior leaders? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As an Accounts Payable Team Leader at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the finance shared services organisation, you will be responsible for efficient, on-time and accurate processing of supplier and employee payments across Europe (25 countries) within a SOX control framework.
This role will involve:
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of 4 who are based in the Langley UK Shared Services Organisation and responsible for processing, funding and paying supplier invoices and employee expenses across 25 countries in the Europe, Middle East & Africa region
- Assist in building a culture of internal customer service, including development of SLAs and query / complaint triage
- Review and approve Accounts Payable (AP) SOX controls across all territories and ensure operating procedures are up to date and accurate. Manage regular reviews from SOX auditor
- Lead a programme of continuous improvement to simplify, standardise and automate end-to-end AP processes and eliminate waste, using LEAN techniques
- Develop business partnering relationships with stakeholders, especially Group Treasury and the general ledger teams
- Develop a management reporting pack to include process performance metrics and other KPIs.
Come and join us....
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- Experience leading operational teams
- Sub-ledger experience, ideally Accounts Payable, either from an in-house or outsourced shared services function
- Understands Accounts Payable accounting impacts to balance sheet and P&L, including typical reconciliations and standard journals
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders and dealing with queries directly with suppliers or employees
- Excel to at least intermediate level and Oracle (or equivalent ERP system) experience
- Exposure to SOX and LEAN continuous improvement would be an advantage.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package including cash car allowance & bonus accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.