Auto req ID: 7110BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & Team
Associate Designers work as part of a larger design team and receive guidance and supervision from more senior members of the design team.
This is an opportunity for a designer to develop their skills, designing world-class apps for some of the biggest and best airlines and travel companies out there – from workshop concept to finished product.
This Associate Designer position will involve…
- Designing assets for award winning mobile apps
- Teamwork and collaboration with designers and non-designers. We are in the software and travel technology business, and our job is not to draw pictures of what the software looks like. Great software is our goal, not just pictures of great software. That requires teamwork.
- Participating in ideation session, backlogs, and all the phases of design delivery with the development team
- Supporting researchers with User Testing by creating mockups and prototypes
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organisation.
- You have the ability to build basic prototypes to communicate how your design works.
- You are developing skills communicate your design effectively at different stages of the design process using sketches and prototypes.
- You have a good fundamental knowledge of interaction design as it relates to human-computer interaction within the context of mobile.
- You have a good understanding of the design process.
- You have started to form a portfolio of UI design work. This can include college work or unpaid, speculative design. We don’t expect Associates to have huge portfolios but we do need to see examples of relevant design work (UI for mobile or web, as opposed to purely graphic design or illustration).
- You have 1 or 2 year’s experience working as a designer. We will also consider graduates and people who are changing career direction and re-skilling.
What’s in it for you...
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.