Auto req ID: 6396BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
*JD template attached*
1. Purpose Statement:
Reporting to the Online Travel Agent (OTA) Business Intelligence Manager, you will join a small, growing team who are responsible for our customer-facing analytics and reporting as well as internal analysis and reporting to improve our own decision-making.
You will be responsible for mapping out the customer-facing reporting requirements that service the traveller/country/Market and Global insights OTAs need.
You should have a passion for analysing data and delivering insightful recommendations that lead our customers to action, have experience of dealing with large volume datasets, high velocity of data and a variety of different data assets to join together and build compelling data stories.
You should have strong desire to learn and think outside of the box, working to help Travelport and its OTA customers find new ways to use data in order to drive new innovation in the travel space.
* Lead the process of validating and mapping out our customers’ customers journey and the pain points so that we can provide consistent and comparable analysis across OTAs.
* Be recognised as the SME of online traveller buying behaviours and trends.
* Build up an understanding of OTA commercial success metrics to identify areas of incremental gains using analytical and data science principles.
* Lead the process of establishing requirements for the data teams to build out an automated process for delivering insights that are made available to our customers and internal stakeholders.
* Continually research and understand online trends; not just related to the travel industry; so we can be in a better position to consult with our OTA customers around online trends.
* Document findings and make insights generally available to the OTA community via shared folders and/or regular webinars.
* Have regular internal and external conversations to help analyse data and deliver new insights.
OTA Data Skills (Desired)
* Understand OTA commercial objectives. To plan, design and build the right market insight capabilities
* Analyse agency shopping, booking and ticketing data to establish market opportunities for our customers
* Identify new data sources either internally or externally brought in to further the insight capabilities
* Interrogate and deliver unique insights using data analysis/science approaches
* Develop with the OTA team foresight/reporting packs that can be presented externally to our customers that leads them to business actions
* Develop internal reporting capabilities so senior stakeholders have a clear view of growth opportunities
* Bring together Air, Car, Hotel and ‘other’ data sets to tell a joined up coherent story
* Participate and input into monthly/quarterly/yearly strategic planning sessions
2. Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
* You will have working experience of bringing disparate data sources together, regardless of variety, volume and velocity
* Experience of using relevant data processing methods, i.e. Python, SAS, SQL & Excel
* Experience of using big data stack environments on-premise and in the cloud
* Strong analytical skills
* Knowledge of designing/ developing/ maintaining reporting systems
* Able to work to project deadlines both effectively and efficiently
* Work closely with colleagues (at time across departments) to meet tight deadlines
* Be able to speak competently to customers about key data findings and recommendations
* Highly numerate and have excellent attention to detail
* Have a passion for data and analytics and data science
* Strong team player as well as a proactive individual contributor
* You should have excellent time management skills and can deliver quality work to agreed deadlines
* Your ability to use initiative and work with the minimum of supervision, maintaining clear focus under pressure is a must
* The ability to multi-task whilst maintaining high levels of attention to detail
* Previous experience within the Technology or Travel industry is valuable