Auto req ID: 7273BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for an opportunity to sell to some of the top Hotels in the World?
Do you feel passionate about selling?
The Digital Media Solutions team is part of the fast-growing Travelport Travel Partners division within this organization. The main purpose of the team is to sell Travelport’s advertising products, which enable travel suppliers to better market and promote their products to the travel agency community and end traveller.
The Role of the Business Development Manager (Northern Europe) is to manage and aggressively grow Travelport’s advertising and promotional product sales business. This role is for someone who poses a high level of energy, is creative, flexible, and likes a challenging dynamic environment. You’re already a successful sales person looking for your next challenge. You’re a true go getter and order maker, you have a solid track record for achieving, and often over achieving their sales goals. They would ideally have a working knowledge of online or advertising sales. Experience in selling to hotels will be a distinct added advantage.
The role is Netherlands based with a flexi-work policy allowing work from home and use of the Amsterdam Office. The individual will be reporting directly into the Head of Digital Media International (Hotel & Car) based in the Travelport Head Office in Langley, UK.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Digital Media Solutions team. You’ll be part of the fast-growing Travelport Travel Partners division within this organization. The main purpose of the team is to sell Travelport’s advertising products, which enable travel suppliers to better market and promote their products to the travel agency community and end traveler.
As Business Development Manager your new role will involve…
- Selling, Travelport’s various advertising and promotional products/services to existing and new customers within an assigned territory or customer group to achieve sales goals.
- Understanding, compile and communicate clearly, key commercial and campaign metrics to the customer via the telephone, email and, as necessary, face-to-face meetings.
- Using various tools, create relevant, targeted advertising campaigns to present and sell the company’s products and value proposition to potential customers to close the sale successfully.
- Strong aptitude for Data and Analytics to be able to offer relevant customer and market insight throughout the sales cycle.
- Manage and grow an initial base of customers from the assigned territories.
- Rapidly build a healthy pipeline of new sales opportunities across the assigned territories.
- Build strong internal communications and relationships across the Digital Media and wider Hospitality and Digital Teams. Utilise these relationships to capitalize on business alignments
- Maintain a complete and accurate CRM for the purpose initiating renewal of sales at the appropriate time, to sell new products and services to existing customers as they become available, and to able to target customers to conduct sales promotions.
- Assist billing team, as necessary, in the collection of unpaid invoices.
- Strong internal communications and engagement to develop further commercial opportunities and open cross departmental alignments.
- Ability to learn quickly about new products and services and to be able to incorporate them into the portfolio of campaign solutions.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
What we’re looking for in you;
- A degree holder with consistent track record in sales preferably from an advertising or online media background.
- Knowledge of the travel industry with experience in selling to hotel, car, and travel distribution companies across Europe, ideally Benelux, Scandinavia, Germany or Russia
- Highly independent and result driven individual who is used to working to targets.
- Solution oriented with the ability to sell based on concepts and value proposition.
- An order maker (and not an order taker) who successfully follows up on sales leads and is comfortable with cold calling.
- Experience in building client relationships and managing existing customers to upsell, secure new business and revenue growth.
- Strong attention to details, customer focused, responsive and organized
- Poses strong analytical skills and good aptitude for numbers to conduct business reviews and campaign reports.
- Ability to understand and work with diversified cultures across the region.
- Flexible to accommodate time zone difference and join calls (that may be out of the work hours) where necessary e.g. Global Team calls
- Exudes a professional attitude and Positive “can do” spirit at all times
- Accustomed to using Microsoft Office, CRM systems, and Data/BI tools.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You will be fluent in English, and if you also speak German that is a significant plus
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.