Auto req ID: 6414BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is seeking a Platform Architect to define architecture and drive the rollout of Middleware Platforms (OpenShift, CloudFoundry, Docker, Traditional SOA etc.) and identify common reusable technical services like logging, security, Identity, caching, eventing etc. The role includes identifying opportunities, gathering requirements from multiple projects and converting them to enterprise needs, and prioritizing them. It also includes creating a business justification, technical strategy and architecture, and oversight of design and implementation. The candidate will show technical leadership, and will constantly look for emerging technologies, evaluate their applicability for Travelport, and publish EA positioning papers.
Platform Architect will support other architecture areas such as Solution Architecture, Information Architecture, Business architecture etc. on platform aspects. He/she will create and maintain Bricks and Solution Building Blocks; and will represent Platform Architecture team in peer reviews for his/her area. Also, understand the wider commercial operating environment and goals of the business.
- Identify opportunities, understand technical needs of projects and convert them into enterprise requirements. Act as a product owner for the service, and prioritize and manage enterprise requirements
- Capture the business justification, usage projection and capacity needs for the service
- Ensure that service architecture is in line with the enterprise architecture vision, uses standard solution building blocks, and produces standard architecture artifacts.
- Work with delivery teams to create scalable architecture for the service, and provide an oversight of design and implementation
- Develop high level architecture for usage of platforms and common services
- Determine and communicate the cost models of different architecture options.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to consumers of the service, clients, management, and other departments.
- Demonstrate ability to make strong judgments, work effectively with all levels of clients and IT management and staff, and work at the highest level of all phases of design and delivery of technologies required.
- Interact with vendors, evaluate 3rd party products and provide results, including, but not limited to: quality, performance, and integration methodology.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, industry trends, and architecture best practices; and evaluate them for applicability in Travelport
- Create best practices and example code; do proof of concepts and publish EA positioning paper
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development and design
5+ years of experience in software architecture role
- Technical Architecture experience in SOA, Cloud, or Solution Architecture areas
- Experience working with at least one of the cloud providers (Azure, Amazon etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Java language
- Working knowledge of Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Excellent leadership, organization and communication skills
- Familiarity with one or more of the Cloud Native Architecture like OpenShift, CloudFoundry, Docker, Microservices, 12-factor apps etc.
- Experience with software architecture modeling and with one or more relevant modeling languages, such as UML
Nice to Have:
- Business acumen, Product Management and Enterprise Architecture experience
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle methodology
- Understanding of EA frameworks like TOGAF
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology and DevOps working model
- Experience with traditional Java Application Servers, ESB, Rules engine etc.
- Experience designing systems for high-performance: high throughput, high-availability, low latency, etc.
- PMP, Prince or equivalent certification helpful.