Auto req ID: 6858BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
You're a rising star in Engineering Leadership ranks and someone that will challenge the status quo, bring new ideas to how we manage people, process and technology and is looking to expand your scope of responsibilities and to take on a diverse set of leadership challenges to grow your career. As a highly skilled and passionate leader, technical acumen and a solid background in software development is a must - so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team. You will have the autonomy to influence culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
Further, you will be responsible for establishing a collaborative work environment that fosters a high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth. You should be able to design, communicate, and implement reliable, scalable, and extensible software applications. An organized data-driven approach, willingness to constantly experiment, and the desire to be involved in product decisions are a must.
- Working cross-functionally throughout the organization (product, support, marketing, etc.) to deliver a best-in-class POS for Travel agencies around the world.
- Work with peers to build integrations across products and foster knowledge sharing.
- Liaise with other Principal Developers and Solutions Architects on a global basis to ensure commonality of approach and optimisation and re-use of technologies across Travelport.
- Get close to our customers to understand how agents work and keep customers in the centre of what is designed. Provide technology expertise and consultancy to key strategic customers whenever needed.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with company values.
- Build and sustain a solid DevOps culture in the team.
- Evangelize the next gen point of sale initiative from its vision, strategy and execution perspectives.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Actively lead engineering teams including a team of Principal Developers and Senior Engineers that support Travelport’s 2020 goals and Agency Commerce delivery teams.
- Establish clear goals, KPIs and performance objectives, set and manage expectations with the team, and communicate and execute those goals within timelines.
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution and support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Be hands-on and lead by example
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching to the delivery teams.
Drive Technical Direction and Engineering excellence
- Deliver innovative solutions which remove cost, deliver value and enable business competitiveness for our customers
- Define, acquire and implement any new technology, tooling, framework for the delivery teams to become more effective.
- Identify and contribute to the evaluation of third-party solutions and emerging technologies for integration into the Travelport technical portfolio.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of Development standards, development methodologies, technical trends and innovations in the industry.
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching high quality products and features
- Quickly become an expert on the product architecture, workflows and business domain; anticipate and address architectural technical risks before they become project issues.
- Ensure architecture is in with Travelport’s technical strategy and, at the same time, are viable, sustainable and add commercial value to our sales strategy.
- Be the technical expert in the formulation new technical decisions and approaches for the organization.
- Own the application architecture design process and ensure the delivery teams understand the technical strategy and proposed architecture. Conduct/participate in formal technology reviews of technical architecture and solution design with the delivery teams.
- Support the delivery teams on high complex activities that require close joint efforts to identify gaps, dependencies and any other technical activities that might be necessary.
- Listen to the delivery teams recommendations to ensure designs are scalable, future proofed and consider any risks and opportunities
- Report on progress to goals, current roadblocks, time estimations and results; along with any recommendations of incremental needs in order to speed up project timelines.
- Budget accountability for the Engineering team.
- Facilitate, organize and lead technical workshops, hackathons and any other technical events for both internal and external customers that help to increase awareness of Travelport’s innovations and solutions.
- Work within a complex and continuously changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Liaison is required with many areas of the company, particularly Sales, Product Management, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management and our vendor partners.
- The incumbent is required to prioritise demands and make decisions appropriate Travelport technology and product strategy.
- The incumbent must have a deep understanding of the current technology trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years software engineering management experience with a proven track record of leading software engineering teams delivering large scale web applications to market.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT or Mathematics.
- Proven track record of developing technical large-scale web application architectures on time and within budget, ideally in the travel industry.
- Proven experience on ReactJS, EcmaScript 2017+, NodeJS and Cloud (AWS or Azure), .NET Core a plus.
- The incumbent will be on a managerial role but has to have hands-on experience on these technologies in order to support and coach the team as appropriate.
- While contributing code is not a requirement, candidate should be able to participate in architecture, design and code reviews.
- Experience on implementing DevOps practices in large teams.
- Proven track record of hiring and recruiting tech talent locally and globally.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and general OOP/functional principles.
- Proven track record working on Agile Scrum teams, SAFe Certification a plus.
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude and sense of urgency
- Able to think strategically and challenge current technical thinking
- Knowledge on any of the Travelport’s API is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written English and technical presentation skills
- Good planning and time management skills: Ability to multitask and prioritise within a continuously changing environment
- Able to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organisation and manage stakeholders across different cultures
- Dynamic and self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Experience of commercial package evaluation and integration/ implementation
- Quality of solutions delivered according to plan and budget
- Internal feedback
- Time to Market
- Ease of solution maintenance
- Customer satisfaction
- Market retention and/or new business
- Delivery team’s satisfaction and tangible improvements
- Some overseas travel required