Auto req ID: 7217BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you
This Director of Product Management role is responsible for the leadership and execution of Travelport’s post-sale automation suite of API products. Post-sale automation provides the API-delivered content and capabilities that enable our agency customers to automate after-ticketing support processes (e.g. eligibility, trip changes, cancellations, up-sells) thereby reducing their operating costs and growing their customers’ satisfaction. Post-sale automation is a critical growth area for Travelport.
- The Product Director is responsible for managing a direct team of product managers and for close collaboration with leaders from architecture, design, engineering, and marketing to build world class API products for travel through its Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Your key measurable objective is to continuously look for ways to increase customer utilization and satisfaction of our entire product line which will reduce net costs for our customers and Travelport alike, while meeting performance, quality, and NPS objectives of the API products.
- Overall accountability vision, strategy and execution of the post-sale automation API portfolio, ultimately owning the content and prioritization of the product backlog.
- Drives specific KPI’s against quality, performance, competitive position, customer adoption and usability
- Leads a team of Product Managers and Product Owners. Is accountable for driving the quality of the entire product lifecycle for each product within the product family; acts as an escalation point and is responsible for managing all dependencies across the product families.
- Responsible for reviewing and aligning a product strategy which will span different geographies and markets by collaborating with business leaders to accurately reflect Business, Commercial, and Technology Strategies within the product strategy.
- Responsible for partnering with technology counterparts to ensure:
- Requirements are clearly defined to provide accurate estimations and investment decisions
- Execution of product roadmaps, delivering great, high-quality products that customers love to use
- Sole responsibility for the product roadmap, including alignment with key stakeholders in commercial and technology, and ongoing management with the steering group based on data-driven prioritization
- Responsible for ensuring customer value propositions exist for the product portfolio, working with other Product Family Managers planning and aligning strategies and delivering on shared roadmaps
- Responsible for mentoring your team to propose new, optimized and amended products that reflect market, customer or supplier trends by promoting collaboration across functional expertise (such as Technology, Sales and Marketing) and driving insight from data to generate value and deliver a positive return on investment.
- Contribute into the annual budgeting process by reviewing, amending and approving the budgets forecasted by your Product Managers and conduct monthly budget reviews against actuals to identify cost over-runs, savings and allocate funding efficiently for ongoing product optimization.
- Responsible for tracking and managing the performance of your product family by overseeing the design, development, implementation and optimization against performance indicators (i.e. costs, benefits, growth, incidents etc.) to help leadership make informed decisions on future investment, long range capacity planning and drive product accountability.
- 10+ years’ experience of directly managing product teams at a large global tech organization with delivery budgets more than $3m USD
- 5+ years’ experience managing API products
- Knowledge of travel distribution and travel industry extremely useful but not essential; must have desire to gain this knowledge to be able to develop product strategy to win in this industry
- Proven track record of delivering great customer experiences and product strategies preferably within a marketplace or eCommerce environment (e.g. amazon, Booking.com, Facebook, eBay)
- Experience in delivering global API products across multiple regions, including an understanding of localization and translation requirements.
- In depth of knowledge of product management techniques, tools, and principals for planning, delivering & managing product life cycles
- Extensive API product leadership experience and managing API platforms
- Experience collaborating in organizations using Agile and Scaled Agile (SAFe) delivery methods
- API Technology understanding, able to work with technology as a partner and with products that have highly transactional / high performance, non-functional requirements
- Experience of driving end user testing through both quantitative tests and qualitative interviews and observations.
What’s in it for you...
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.