Auto req ID: 7372BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you
As a Director of Software Development Engineering at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and distribution, car rental, mobile commerce and B2B payment solutions. The Company also provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions.
This position leads the technical direction and design of Travelport’s content acquisition APIs that provide travel solutions through our Next Gen API platform. This position is a servant leader to a group of highly technical professionals responsible for iterative development and delivery in an Agile environment.
- Leads creation of a robust and scalable internal/external API platform/marketplace.
- Positively influences engineering teams’ ability to seamlessly, and continuously, improve business delivery cycle time.
- Develops, reviews, manages, sets and measures objectives and motivates team members to successfully accomplish company and personal advancement goals.
- Challenges the status quo and drives continuous improvement across the Engineering community.
- Leads engineering teams in meeting product definition, with performance and quality within budget.
- Assists in definition, communication and implementation of solutions that mature the overall engineering eco-system.
- Effectively communicates and shares understanding across engineering and business communities with lessons learned, issues and best practices.
- Leads detailed reviews of technology programs and assesses their alignment with strategic architecture and business objectives, engineering practices, and efficient working practices.
- Serves as coach and mentor to people without hierarchy restraints.
- Understands impact on adjacent systems and long-term impact of technical decisions and ensure high quality implementations are delivered on time and to specifications.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 10+ years of relevant experience. A proven track record in leading software development teams including directing the use of offshore development organizations in a complex, global organization and associated methodologies/processes, ideally in a travel systems environment
- 5+ years of experience in API management platforms and API related activities including influencing solution architecture and design, API modeling and micro-services architecture.
- At least 5 years of hands-on development experience and managing several teams of 5 to 10 engineers.
- Experience in the development of scalable enterprise applications in JSON, REST and micro-services on private and public Cloud providers.
- Experience leading and mentoring Agile teams with a substantial commitment to DevOps practices.
- Proven expertise in micro services and cloud technologies.
- Experience in driving CI/CD initiatives and pipeline automation
- Proven ability to lead and inspire teams towards successful outcomes aligned to strategic road maps. Strong thought leadership and demonstrates significant stakeholder influence with business leadership teams and customers on strategic direction.
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership team building and motivational skill including proven management skills
- Agile/SAFe certifications and experience preferred.
Dynamic and self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.