Auto req ID: 6776BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport.
As a Facilities Manager at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Facilities team; you will play a pivotal and crucial part in handling facilities maintenance, security, and office services. You will be responsible for day to day operation of the assigned locations (Atlanta Galleria and Data Center), including coordination with the landlord, managers of the departments, vendors and contractors.
As our Facilities Manager you will be responsible for…
- Managing the maintenance of the building systems, including the plumbing, electrical, and security systems, as well as print and mail operations.
- Ensuring continuous operation of the HVAC, electrical, and security systems.
- Frequently meeting with management and departmental coordinators to discuss future plans.
- Overseeing the building space allocation along with identifying planned and unplanned budget expenses, facilities issues/risks, contract reviews etc.
- Managing and reviewing moves with EUS, Voice team and office services (facilities team members) to ensure compliance with established policies.
- Project managing major moves and special projects, as well as major repairs to the building, plumbing, fixtures, and lighting.
- Coordinating with various departments, landlords, builders and contractors during renovations.
- Building and leading bid processes for building services.
- Vendor management and selecting contractors based on experience, qualifications, and price.
- Ensuring completion of work requests in the ServiceNow system.
- Assigning, prioritizing, and monitoring all work orders as necessary.
- Running local planning and scheduling to ensure coverage of facilities, security, and office services operations during business hours and at other times as required.
- Overseeing facilities and office services partnerships with vendors and other departments to meet the needs of our internal customers.
- Development and administration of Facilities and Office Services processes and procedures.
- Maintaining and ensuring that the employees within the facilities working group maintain working knowledge of ServiceNow, Oracle, FM systems and the security system.
- Aiding in resolving building and maintenance related problems for our internal customers.
- Serving as the primary contact for emergency situations and liaison with outside agencies and organizations such as the Fire Department, Police Department, FM Global, etc.
- Developing and maintaining emergency procedures and handling emergency incidents when appropriate and leading emergency drills with landlord, etc.
- Updating security checklist and process maps.
- Effectively communicating to subordinates (vendor/contractors) to assure compliance with approved policies, procedures, and standards.
- Reviewing and updating policies, procedures, and standards.
- Hiring and leading subordinates (vendors/contractors) and ensuring adequate staffing levels.
- Managing, training and developing staff, evaluating their performance, and recommending disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Developing and administering the local facilities budget.
- Crafting PO’s and requisitions for facilities and security purchases.
- Leading monthly and year-end accruals of expenditures and updating information in VL.
- Completing CSR environmental information monthly.
- Adhoc projects as needed.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Architecture or Facilities Management degree preferred or equivalent knowledge to that normally acquired through completion of a course in project management and/or facilities management.
- 5 to 7 years of applicable job experience required.
- CFM or FMP designation preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering schematics, construction drawings, construction applications, and building codes.
- Must demonstrate an ability to effectively manage, train, mentor and discipline staff members.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, respond to sensitive issues, manage inquiries from co-workers.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in varying situations using analytical & quantitative skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of HVAC systems, electrical systems and plumbing systems, and automated control systems preferred.
- Drafting and AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Ability to use FM systems, word processing and spreadsheet programs required.
- Ability to interact and communicate with diverse groups of employees and vendors.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects using time management skills and project management software.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as interpersonal with the ability to supervise employees.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations 24/7. Will carry emergency phone 24/7 and serve as primary contact for emergency situations.
- Strong personal impact with the ability to work credibly with business stakeholders at all levels and finance teams;
- Demonstrates integrity and viewed internally and externally as trustworthy and credible;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and executive presentation skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to develop alternative approaches.
- Builds effective and strong personal relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates accountability & initiative and is self-sufficient in identifying and achieving agreed targets.
This position will need to work within the corporate office (Atlanta Galleria) and the Data Center facility. The noise level in this work environment varies according to the work performed and may be moderate to loud at times. While performing this job, you will need to stand, walk, climb a ladder, stoop, bend, crawl, operate a computer, and speak on the telephone. This position requires frequent lifting of up to 20 lbs. and occasional moving of 50 + lbs.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch!
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.