Auto req ID: 6345BR
Employee type: Temporary - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking to develop yourself further in finance? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Finance Accountant General Ledger at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
This role will involve
- Prepare direct (i.e. income tax) and indirect (i.e. VAT/GST, WHT, Business tax, Sales tax, FBT) taxes for various APAC entities for the Controls and Compliance Manager to review and file in accordance with local deadlines.
- Keep up-to-date with legislation relating to direct and indirect taxes. Inform the Controls and Compliance Manager of relevant changes and advise on their impact.
- Prepare files required to facilitate the year end audit process including the preparation of supporting schedules for financial statement note disclosures.
- Review financial statements and communicate changes to the external financial statement preparation team.
- Respond to questions from auditors, tax advisers, the UK Controllership team and UK tax team, relating to audit and tax matters.
- Carry out month end close activities including the preparation of journal entries and adjustments for the Travelport GDS Asia Pacific entities.
- Carry out Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis for the Travelport GDS Asia Pacific entities.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the review of month-end tasks, balance sheet reconciliations and compliance tasks as required.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
· Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
· Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
· Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
· Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
- CA or CPA qualified and Financial Reporting background required
- Capable of preparing direct (i.e. income tax) and indirect (i.e. VAT/GST, WHT, Business tax, Sales tax, FBT) taxes for various APAC entities for the Controls and Compliance Manager to review and file in accordance with local deadlines
- Proven track record of achievement against company targets and personal objectives
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Collaborative, adaptive to change, independent, self-starter,
- Strong desire to learn and be proactive in liaising with senior leadership, tax advisor (UK Controllership team, compliance team) to provide value-add support
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.