Auto req ID: 6427BR
Employee type: Intern - Full Time
Are you looking to gain valuable professional work experience in a global corporate environment? Travelport (voted as the 39th best medium-sized employer by Rate My Placement) is offering ambitious students like you the opportunity to undertake meaningful, rewarding and fun 13-month placements as part of your degree. Our inspiring culture, dynamic environment and great people will enable you to develop both personally and professionally.
At Travelport our interns always tell us how pleasantly surprised they are by the level of exposure and early responsibility they get. As an intern your team will rely upon you to apply your skills and offer solutions to projects that matter. You will be a fully-fledged team member right from the beginning.
Corporate Social Responsibility including involvement in sustainability initiatives will also play a fundamental part of your internship.
Last year’s interns raised an astonishing £13,000 for their chosen charities. Their fundraising activities included a Bake Sale, Tough Mudder, and a charity auction!
“I have loved every moment of my experience at Travelport. It has definitely surpassed my expectations and I have gained everything I wanted from this experience and then some!” - Finance Intern
What might your role involve?
We offer a wide variety of finance internships.
Based on your behaviours & personal attributes you will be placed into one of the the following teams:
- Internal Audit
- Financial Planning & Reporting
- Management Reporting
- Decision Support
- Continuous Improvement/Robotics Process Automation
What is Travelport looking for?
- Working towards a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree
- Have a high degree of numeracy skills
- Knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, with the highest degree of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Be highly organised, with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have an enthusiastic and driven approach
- Ability to work in a flexible and highly deadline orientated environment
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to work at the global Headquarters of a $2bn travel technology company
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation
- Free on-site secure parking
- Free shuttle bus from/to Slough Train station and Hatton Cross Tube station
- Subsidised restaurant on-site
- Discounted gym memberships and employee pricing for top brands
- Free health and travel insurance
- Subsidised social events