Auto req ID: 6397BR
Employee type: Temporary - Full Time
*JD template attached*Are you looking to develop yourself further in finance accounting? if so, then we could be the place for you.
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
As a Finance Specialist Accounting at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & TeamYou will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the finance team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in providing specialized accounting services and support to Travelport GDS in respect of UAE and any future countries that may be assigned.
This role will involve…
- To ensure UAE SMO is properly funded with cash and all excess cash transferred to the appropriate entities.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of the statutory and legal framework of the Travelport GDS companies under responsibility.
- To work with the local auditors to ensure that the statutory accounts for the relevant entities are prepared in line with local legislation.
- To provide accurate financial accounting information and analysis for countries/entities under responsibility
- To ensure that senior Finance management is given timely and accurate financial information, with relevant interpretation, upon which to base sound business decisions.
- To facilitate best practice procedures, ensuring the accounts for entities under responsibility are prepared in line with current local legislation, Travelport GDS group policies and best accounting practice.
Monthly - Financial Accounting
- Responsible for General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Fixed Assets modules in Oracle Financials.
- Prepare all journal entries, validate all accounting entries and produce or review monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure all accruals, prepayments, other current assets, accrued income and all other adjustments are booked as necessary.
- Assemble a monthly file which includes a trial balance and balance sheet reconciliations with supporting documents.
- Manage intercompany balances in accordance with Travelport GDS guidelines.
- Produce monthly entity reporting pack detailing key balance sheet balances and activity.
- Complete all Prepared By Client (PBC) schedules requested by Travelport corporate or GDS corporate for audit, tax or other reporting purposes.
- Produce all reports used in the accounting review meeting prior to month end closure.
- Manage the preparation of annual tax and statutory accounts for UAE and corporation tax computations for submission to auditors/tax advisors and ensure production of PBC schedules to meet local statutory and corporate audit requirements.
- Serve as key interface for year-end audit of UAE with outside auditors.
- Working with Langley Tax Team, and local accounting/tax advisors in the preparation and filing of returns to government bodies (e.g. corporation tax, annual accounts and statistical information etc).
- Establish clear accounting policies and procedures in order to ensure entity accounts are prepared in line with current legislation and best accounting practice, thereby minimising audit points, manual efforts and non compliance penalties.
- Maintain a flexible approach to enable support of other countries and entities supported by the department.
- Perform any other request which the job holder can reasonably be expected to undertake.
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
- Passed finalist or Qualified Accountant.
- Practical and proven experience in an accounting environment, with 4 to 6 years work experience in this environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to tailor approach to deal appropriately with all levels of contacts.
- Assertive and self-confident.
- PC literacy requires experience in spreadsheets, databases, word processors, mail products (preferably Microsoft). Experience of automated accounting systems, specific knowledge of Oracle would be an advantage.
- The position requires a team player demonstrating maximum flexibility, an ability to communicate effectively orally and written and remain cool under pressure. He must be consistent with a good standard of work, disciplined and deadline conscious.
- Complexity and Creativity
- The jobholder must be aware of the commercial needs of the SMO and must be able to account for, and support all decisions appropriately, by understanding the implications of their actions/recommendations.
- This position requires an in-depth knowledge of UAE’s accounts and the local commercial environment in which it operates. The jobholder must remain aware of the statutory accounting and different tax regimes in UAE and requires a good understanding of a multi-currency environment and the ability to deal correctly with such transactions.
- The jobholder must work within specific legal and corporate constraints for much of the time. However, at the same time he requires a reasonable level of creativity when dealing with ad hoc projects. He will be expected to provide ad hoc analysis and to determine the way to provide that information quickly and reliably.
What’s in it for you?You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.