Auto req ID: 6418BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Reporting to the Director of Tax Reporting and Compliance, this position is responsible for supporting the UK and global tax compliance processes and assisting with tax reporting requirements under US GAAP.
The role has two areas of focus spilt between Group and Local accountabilities.
The Group element of the role relates to assisting in the Travelport quarterly and year-end tax reporting processes under US GAAP, including effective tax rate (“ETR”) management, provisioning, forecasting and cash tax processes.
The largest element of the role relates to local accounting, financial reporting and tax compliance matters including tax authority audit support for numerous subsidiaries worldwide.
2. Main Accountabilities:
UK Tax Compliance
In 2016 the Group’s International principal company (excluding the US) migrated to the UK, this has led to increased profile and complexity for UK corporate tax compliance within the Travelport Group.
UK corporate tax compliance is completed in-house. The Tax Manager – Tax Reporting and Compliance will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation and review of corporation tax returns for selected UK group companies using OneSource software;
- Preparation and review of tax disclosures for allocated UK statutory accounts;
- Preparation/Review of the Group’s SAO obligations;
- Preparation/Review of group payment, group relief schedules and HMRC elections for UK Group;
- Ad-hoc compliance review including WHT certificates, CT61 filings, CFC reviews, thin capitalisation and interest deductibility rules.
International Tax Compliance
This part of the role will include assistance with local financial reporting as well as tax compliance. All accounting and payroll functions for the businesses are carried out by in-house shared service organizations in Dubai (for MEA) and Sydney (for APAC) with tax reporting and compliance activity delegated to external professional firms.
Responsibility for the international tax compliance prepared by either an outsourced provider or in-house for MEA and APAC. This will include the:
- Review and management of tax compliance for MEA and APAC, prepared by an outsourced provider.
- Review of the local financial statements tax disclosures for MEA and APAC, prepared by an outsourced provider.
- Ensuring all direct tax compliance obligations (filings and payments) are met.
- Provide tax audit support for MEA and APAC.
Other Tax Compliance
- Assist on Transfer Pricing projects to ensure the business meets its compliance obligations under BEPS;
- Maintain relevant transfer pricing documentation for allocated entities.
This part of the role will involve working closely with other corporate functions, including Controllership and the US tax department.
Assist in the following aspects of Group reporting;
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual group ETR and payables models, including detailed financial data collection and extraction;
- Data modelling and assistance of the tax forecasting and cash tax processes;
- Monitor cash payments, explaining variances against forecast;
- Identification and documentation of FIN 48 (Uncertain Tax Benefit) exposures;
- Monitor thin capitalisation regulations for the Group.
- Compliance with the Group’s Sarbanes Oxley obligations.
- The group currently uses TRCS (Tax Reporting Cloud Solution) for Group Tax Reporting. The role shall be responsible for automating additional aspects of tax reporting using TRCS and ensuring the set-ups in TRCS are kept current in line with changes in the business and tax laws.
3. Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Professionally qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or CTA working in either an in-house or practice environment.
- Sufficient PQE (5 years) including tax compliance, accounting and external tax reporting experience. Have strong technical accounting and book-keeping skills, with practical experience of tax accounting and reporting;
- Expertise in excel and operating financial systems, preferably Cognos, Hyperion, Oracle and OneSource;
- A team player with good communication skills;
- Be diligent, with exceptional attention to detail;
- Persistence and integrity;
- Will need the ability to influence, guide and work productively with other specialist functions;
- This is a fast-moving commercial environment so the ability to work under pressure, managing different assignments with competing priorities and deadlines is essential;
- New York Stock Exchange listed;
- Constantly changing and complex tax environment/business model;
- Ability to work in a relatively unstructured and changing environment;
- Training and development opportunities will be available.
- Key Measures: (e.g., financial scope, budget and staff management responsibilities):
- No budget responsibility
- Working Relationship: (e.g., external customers, suppliers and internal customers)
- Will report directly to Director - Tax Reporting and Compliance.
- Will work closely with the Senior International Tax Director and the VAT Director.
- Will be expected to develop close relationships with Controllership and Financial Planning and Reporting departments, also SSO and Corporate and Business Controllers.