Auto req ID: 7145BR
Employee type: Fixed Term Contractor - Full Time
Are you looking for the next step in your career and a place that will provide you with the opportunities to learn, grow and develop your global experience?
If you're looking for a role that is able to pave the way for an exciting future career then Travelport could be the place for you.
We are a company that urges innovation and invests in our people and as a General Ledger Accountant at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Global Finance Operations team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in helping us move away from old processes and methods and you will be able to inspire new ones.
This is a huge platform to grow and evolve with us, Travelport provides a great platform of responsibility and exposure to a high level.
This dynamic position will involve…
- Preparing all manual journal entries required to complete month-end and annual accounts and to ensure the accuracy and timely posting of entries from sub-ledgers and other entry sources.
- Ensuring that all accruals, prepayments and other adjusting entries are booked as necessary along with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts in line with SOX and risk management requirements.
- Reconcile all inter-company accounts, bank accounts and resolving any reconciling differences.
- Ensuring suspense accounts are analysed and cleared on a monthly basis.
- Producing monthly packs providing Balance Sheet and P & L analysis and supporting commentary.
- Producing information required by external auditors, including that referred to in Prepared by Client schedules, and any other accounting documentation to satisfy audit requirements.
- Providing accurate financial and management accounting information and analysis to other interested parties including commercial and senior management, Regional Controllers, tax and local authorities and in-country personnel.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organisation.
- Excellent team spirit with a flexible approach
- Confident with Excel
- Passionate about finance
- Accountancy qualification or studying towards
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you...
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status