Auto req ID: 6618BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport.
As a Global Account Manager at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech. You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Agency Commerce team; you will play a pivotal and crucial part within ECG accounts and will be responsible for collating and managing all aspects of requirements and feedback from all regions as it relates to the operational requirements of one of largest global accounts.
The role includes but is not limited to pricing, product support, company cost initiatives including enhanced productivity, account management, functional support and special projects as they relate to the ECG accounts operational efficiencies.
The Global Account Manager ensures a streamlined approached to the customer by working across all of the Travelport Business functions who supply these services both regionally and at local market level.
The Global Account Manager is responsible for liaising with a virtual country AE in other countries to ensure that each of the regional sales & growth plans are understood and supported at a local market level.
This role will be involved in…
- Works cross-functionally with internal teams to prioritize strategic initiatives and process to meet the strategic departments commitments to customers and Travelport goals.
- Responsible for increasing product adoption globally and working with peers to drive a global plan
- Drive hospitality growth in conjunction with dedicated Business Development Manager
- Responsible for account management of assigned territory and point of escalation for customers requiring urgent assistance.
- Responsible for input to customer project requirements
- Working as a team the Global Account Manager is responsible for developing an Account Management Support plan as part of the overall “strategic sales & business development plan” which the local market teams can support taking into account resource factors.
- Works closely with the Service Delivery Managers, ensures continued development and implementation of operational service delivery strategy, framework and processes for ECG.
- Works cohesively with the Product Strategy team to ensure that all aspects of product lifecycle including requirements, communication, documentation and processes are developed and maintained for ECG Accounts.
- They are responsible for “prescribing” ECG accounts strategy plan and activities to the country AE’s.
- Supports the TMC branches as part of the Account Management plan.
- Responsible for input and onsite support for customer projects such as new business, conversions, product adoption, prime engagement ensuring strong customer satisfaction.
- Leads global wide projects from an account management and customer satisfaction perspective.
- Leads and encourages matrix team to foster cost efficient initiatives without sacrificing quality, or core values.
- Organizes and manages a program of regional events which keep key influencers informed of Travelport including Apollo and Galileo product & technology strategies and industry developments.
- Works with Regional Sales Directors/Managers to identify and effectively manage the existence of any product, technology or support gaps essential to the customer and account profitability ensuring these gaps are escalated within Travelport at the highest level. Manages alternative short-term solutions until gaps are eradicated.
- Provides monthly and ad-hoc reports to Commercial Director and ECG customers which includes input from local markets.
- Responsible for alpha and beta test programs to ensure they are well planned and managed.
- Generating product awareness across the customer base including product demos and deep-dives.
- Experts in Travelport products and functionality
- Manage customer risks and issues associated with product launch activities to ensure they are addressed, tracked and escalated to product and project management as appropriate.
- Manage the retirement and sun setting of non-strategic products for the ECG accounts customer channel.
- Assist in the user acceptance testing for product deployment and integration into the core systems.
Your Profile (Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education):
- Graduate or equivalently qualified by experience; Requires someone with travel industry experience: preferably Travel Agency or GDS.
- 5 years’ experience within related industry Sales, Business Development or Account Management experience with strong commercial acumen and customer focus with a consultative and solutions orientated approach.
- Detailed knowledge of all Travelport products – specifically Apollo GDS.
- Expert knowledge of the industry’s competitive landscape.
- Proven experience and success in account management in a sales environment.
- Ability to assess and analyze situations accurately, grasping complexities, identifying key issues and applying sound judgement.
- Must possess an overriding desire to understand, agree and meet customer needs while ensuring customer contractual obligations to Travelport are met.
- Demonstrates ability to manage and deliver on times against multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent customer management and relationship skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, possessing a high degree of self-motivation, initiative, confidence and assertiveness.
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to adapt approach across multi-cultural environments and work well in a team environment.
- Travelling, including overnight stays will be an integral part of the role.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.