Auto req ID: 7330BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
We currently have a great opportunity to join our fantastic global in-house Payroll team.
Are you currently a Payroll Manager looking for an exciting new challenge that involves providing strategic plans to help support the company meet its business objectives? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Global Payroll Manager at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Payroll team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in supporting the Finance Operations and HR strategy and with a team of 8 direct reports, you'll be responsible for the efficient, on-time and accurate delivery of Travelport payrolls.
This dynamic & challenging position will involve…
- Operationally lead payroll continuous improvement change programmes including system and process standardization and automation.
- Lead, develop and motivate a team globally
- Produce regular KPI management reports
- Lead the accurate and timely reporting to HMRC of Senior Accounting Officer (SAO), STBV and PSA for the UK and where required complete similar reporting for other countries.
- Provide a framework which ensures all tax and payroll queries are managed and dealt with to the highest standard of care and in a timely manner.
- Review and approve payroll controls, ensuring operating procedures are up to date and accurate. Manage regular reviews from auditors.
- Prepare payroll cost budgets and forecasts, managing actual costs on a monthly basis and reporting variances accordingly.
- Manage the relationship with each payroll service provider, ensuring that value is optimised and SLAs are met.
- Build business partnering relationships with colleagues especially HR, Compensation & Benefits, Global Mobility and the General ledger teams.
- Maintain and challenge Payroll business continuity plans
- Ensure documentation is securely archived and payroll data complies with GDPR.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such an ambitious and compelling organisation.
- Ideally you will be CIPP qualified or equivalent
- Have EMEA Payroll Manager experience with Global preferred
- Project management and delivery experience
- Understands standard payroll journal postings to GL and balance sheet reconciliations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including team management.
- Excel and Oracle (or equivalent ERP system) experience.
- Good organisation skills, deadline and detail conscious.
- A well-organized self-starter establishing priorities to achieve objectives will be left to the individual.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you...
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status