Auto req ID: 7321BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Are you looking for a senior global opportunity where you can make a real impact during a period of transformation in our industry? If you feel you can drive a major strategic change impacting our current and future business model, then this could be the opportunity for you!
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of The New Distribution and Airline Merchandising team who have overall ownership and governance of the NDC programme to ensure leading airlines are connected to Travelport and their differentiated content made available to our agency customers – a major strategic change impacting every aspect of Travelport’s current and future business model. This will require industrialized solutions for API connections for our airline customers, and worldwide deployment and adoption of new POS by our online and offline agency customers. This team will also identify and drive appropriate ‘One Travelport’ initiatives, establish a baseline of Data and Analytics across the endeavor and sustain and build on our industry leading position in airline merchandising.
This is a senior, global role with pivotal responsibility for the overall planning, communication and reporting of the Travelport MSC (multi-source content) program at Executive level. You will be crafting coordinated plans across commercial, product and technology. Central to this will be the creation, co-ordination and implementation of commercial, technology, product and operational plans for our customers to deliver differentiated content, ensuring viable proposition and delivery plans for all airline and agency (online, offline and ECG) customers are in place, and that the necessary companywide change is managed and delivered effectively. Ensuring the implications of this major change are communicated, recognized and responded to is a key aspect of this role.
This position will also manage the various related steering and working groups across the business. You will co-ordinate meaningful ‘One Travelport’ initiatives as they are identified, and be responsible for the management and communication of the necessary performance monitoring, commercial Business Intelligence data and analytics and KPI dashboards. This role has responsibility for ensuring all Travelport MSC requirements are funded, prioritized and resourced appropriately, and managing the development of sales collateral and related communication and training for the air and agency teams.
In addition, this role provides strategic level support to the MD/GVP of Air Commerce in respect of SLT and CLT level reporting and presentations, and communications and event management for Air Commerce as a whole. It is also responsible for representing and leading the Air Commerce elements of the companywide Integrated Planning and Five-Year Planning processes, and ad hoc special projects including the Target Operating Model and presentations to external Investors and Analysts.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Ideally an MBA from top tier business school and degree in business related discipline
- Extensive travel industry experience; with detailed exposure to both the commercial operations of airlines and the operational / sales business of a global Travel Management Company
- Significant relevant business, commercial and administrative experience, ideally with sales and/or product leadership and proven delivery of results
- Experience of driving sales strategies including marketing, planning, training, resources, execution
- Ability to work effectively with and ‘sell’ to customers at all levels, though primary contacts will be Director/VP level
- Experience of managing multi-discipline teams in on-site and remote locations and working within complex international matrix environments
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and quickly, grasping complexities, identifying key issues and applying sound judgment; a creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Excellent presentation skills; both designing and delivering presentations
- Highly numerate, with a proven ability to manipulate and analyze data to resolve commercial issues
- Strong Project Management skills, able to plan and coordinate multi-functional projects
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch!
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.