Posted16th Dec, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
Experience Required3+ years as a business or technical analyst
Education RequiredBachelor's or equivalent experience
What does a great Bookability Business Analyst do?
As a Bookability Business Analyst at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
You will come on board at a truly pivotal time. As a member of the Bookability Engineering team, you will play a crucial part in measuring the quality of bookable search results presented on a travel agency’s system. Search results – combined flight availability and fare data – are gathered from many different and technically complex sources. Maximizing the quality of these search results all the way through the booking process protects significant revenue for Travelport, the travel agency, and the airline suppliers.
You will be part of an operational team responsible for ensuring the most accurate and relevant airline content is provided for Travelport availability and search products. Through statistical analysis, consultation, and product expertise you will assist the team with achieving this key Travelport objective in the most effective and efficient means possible.
This role is an opportunity for an individual to thoroughly learn a core portion of the Travelport technology portfolio; while developing soft skills of supplier relationships, problem management, and communication. Search and Bookability are a key focus for Travelport and the team has constant demands in managing changing priorities. The role is challenging with the opportunity to provide visible, tangible, positive results for Travelport in terms of both revenue and reputation.
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact upon the lives of travelers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s game-changers, you’ll drive transformation and be part of a winning culture.
What we look for?
Your Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- 4-year degree; information technology or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in Technical Support, Application Support, API Support, Business Analysis, or similar background.
- Strong Technical Capability:
- Understanding of a complicated technical environment crossing many platforms.
- Understanding of both supplier and subscriber interfaces and messaging protocols with the skill to capture and evaluate structured message data as part of problem investigation.
- Experience utilizing Business Intelligence software for analyzing data, identifying root cause of potential production problems, etc. (QlikView or comparable tool.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer centric approach.
- Experience collaborating with global, multi-functional teams.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a good understanding of multi-national teams and customers and how to work with them to deliver results.
- Ability to achieve required results without formal authority.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
You will thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your commitment to making a difference are rewarded.
See yourself here: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/life-at-travelport/
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.