Posted18th Jun, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
This role is within the Langley office supporting the outsourced Finance Operations team, in particular, the outsourced Contracting and Billing Enablement team. The purpose of this role is to provide day to day system and agency product support to the outsourced Contracting and Billing Enablement Team, giving oversight of procedural efficiency within our systems, approval for new agency products and providing an escalation structure for issues. The role holder will report directly to the BI Manager and will liaise with other finance, audit, commercial and business functions.
- Ensure internal systems (including BRM) are running at an acceptable standard of accuracy. Ensure any associated Contracting and Billing Enablement errors are highlighted, investigated and resolved in a timely manner with the appropriate business units.
- Control and monitor the review of user access permissions to systems impacting critical finance & commercial finance procedures according to Travelport policy.
- Co-ordinate, test and sign off system UAT testing when new releases are required on the back office contracting and enabling systems.
- Maintain and control the product catalogue in our contracting & enablement system ensuring coding is accurate to Travelport reporting structure.
- Co-ordinate ad hoc projects and contract reviews on request. Ensure all parties are appropriately involved, reviews are completed to appropriate standards set and the project is completed given the timeline set by the Finance Manager.
- Work with the technology teams to review and sign off new products which have been processed through the qualification Evaluation & Enquiry workflow. Work with the technology teams on any system development required as part of this review.
- Organize review meetings with technology teams responsible for Contracting & Billing Enablement systems to ensure controls are in place for each process and errors are corrected in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly Contracting and Billing Enablement KPIs and distribute to team, leadership and stakeholders,
- Proactively seek and implement improvements to the efficiency, cost-effectiveness and controls within the Contracting & Billing Enablement systems, ensuring approval of line manager prior to effecting any changes.
- Assist with ad hoc work as directed by the Finance Manager and provide cover in the team when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Experience working in a similar environment
- Solid and established Supply Chain knowledge
- IT literate, with a good working knowledge of software packages including Excel and Word
- Ability to establish, follow, recommend and monitor new processes/procedures
- Excellent team working ability with good influencing capabilities, able to drive consensus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to build effective relationships with other departments to ensure administration processes, satisfy their needs – e.g., accounting, audit, internal systems, group and customer satisfaction
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, with an ability to multi-task
- A pro-active approach to problem-solving, assuming responsibility for resolution.
- The enthusiasm and drive to work to targets achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
The role holder reports to the Business Intelligence Manager. The prime responsibility of this role is the day to day management of the internal systems used by the Contracts and Billing Enablement Team. They are expected to work at all levels both within and outside the company. The finance department is currently going through a major change process; thus, it is essential that the role holder is both flexible and a visibly positive supporter of change. It should be noted that this is a cross-functional role which will require liaison with other departments. Accordingly, the role requires excellent communication skills and the confidence and skills to work effectively to all levels.
Key Measures (e.g., financial scope, budget and staff management responsibilities):
- Tasks need to be completed in accordance with Travelport Internal System Policies.
- System resolution should be in line with any service level agreements in place.
- Compliance must be achieved with all Travelport Accounting Policies & Commercial Finance Policies
- Weekly/Monthly Scorecard & third-party Report, to include volume processed, access permissions and trend profiling, against set targets
- Internal contact will be primarily with the retained and outsourced team members, but the role holder will also have to work cross-functionally with other departments, including Regional Directors and Technology Teams.
- Team working is key in this role since the accounts team need to work closely together.
- External customer contact is frequent, it is essential that the individual can communicate persuasively by letter, telephone or face to face.