Posted1st Dec, 2020
What will you do as a Customer Product or Propositions Intern?
Customer Product & Propositions are like tea & biscuits, you really can’t have one without the other. Well, you can…but you shouldn’t.
Product is responsible for guiding the success of our award-winning services & products. They set the strategy, roadmap and define the features for a product. They are customer-centric & entrepreneurial!
Propositions exist to ensure end-to-end alignment between our commercial & product organisations. They build business cases, articulate market requirements, and communicate with various stakeholders to ensure we’re all aligned and on track to meet our goal!
Either way, you will have a ton of fun & learn more than you can imagine about how technology business functions and how products are built, improved & rolled out.
When?! Your internship will run from August 2021 until the end of July 2022!
What could you be doing?
- Working with a passionate & extremely talented bunch of people, ready to show you everything they know
- Propose potential propositions using existing and new product capabilities and estimating opportunity for those propositions
- Collecting, understanding, and writing the business requirements for the product, and translating these into functional specifications and use cases
- Be the link between the customer, development team and any third-party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle
- Serve as the commercial voice in product and technology planning, driving commercial prioritization with clear business cases and well-articulated market/customer needs
- Day to day analysis and management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met
- Collaborate with product marketing providing content Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education
- Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from client on the specifications
- Be the sales and account management team liaison for proposition discussions, supporting broad communication as well as specific sales calls on named accounts
I mean, we could go on and on as there’s so much to do and get involved with, but we thought we’d save some of it to later in the process!
One of the most important things to remember is that you make your internship, you can take whatever you wish from your time with us. There is a phenomenal amount of opportunity here, you just need to reach out & grab it!
Expect an experience like no other…
This placement is not a programme, it's an experience. An experience that empowers you, that develops you & that rewards you.
We’ve built an incredible experience that intertwines your day-day role, learning & development, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) work & a little something we call…Internpreneurship, where we give you the opportunity to literally change the way we operate as a business, how’s that for responsibility?!
You’ll have an established and well-rounded support network too. You will have your team, a designated mentor, and a dedicated panel of passionate Travelporters, who’ll be there to support & guide you throughout your Travelport journey.
Why don’t you check out who we are and what it’s like to be part of the team?! https://youtu.be/c_kSejsaIJU
Would you thrive in our workplace?
Our values & drivers are what enable us to be the best version of ourselves, so, in our opinion, soft skills are more important because we can help you improve your hard skills through training & development. Studying a degree relevant to the internship is critical, as you never know, you may end up back with us as a grad in a similar role!
Do you enjoy working with freedom & flexibility and like to take accountability for your work?
Are you naturally driven & resilient?
Do you have a real desire to add value & make a difference?
Are you an excellent communicator & collaborator?
Do you love to innovate & generate creative solutions?
Answered yes to all of the above? You would love it here, so come & join us!
So, what’s in it for you?
A full-on placement experience for one; ranging from your day-day role to CSR (corporate social responsibility) work and solving real company problems. Interns also have Private Medical Insurance cover and access to a virtual GP 24/7, thousands of offers and discounts, flexible benefits such as the cycle to work scheme and a potential bonus.
Imagine all the coffee and tea you could want (water for you non-hot drink drinkers), plus free cake and a flexible adult working environment that will help you best develop yourself into the professional you wish to become.
HR is essential to everything we do and as a team, we take pride in recruiting, developing, and rewarding our extraordinary workforce.
Interested? Apply now! Everyone will get a response!
*We plan to close our application window on the 22/1/2021, however, it may need to close sooner due to high volume of applications*