Posted17th Nov, 2020
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
This role within Travelport will allow you to collaborate with a focused team of experienced developers, testers & designers, you will be responsible for the end to end delivery of Travelport next generation of web applications
We work in a fast paced, test driven agile development environment. Exposure to a similar environment would be beneficial
Drive: You’re not someone that waits be told what to do. You’re constantly coming up with small improvements or big new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life.
Creativity and curiosity: You’re passionate about seeing your changes come to life. You’re naturally curious and immersed in your work – constantly reading, researching, looking at the latest trends and trying out new technologies and approaches.
High attention to detail: You’re the person who spots the pixel out of place and more importantly, helps us fix it.
Growth: You want to mentor other developers and be one of the leaders of web technologies within the company.
Willingness to contribute to a company-wide UI community.
This Lead Web Developer role will involve…
- Working on and with multiple Agile teams across the organization
- Develop, modify and implement new and existing creative and responsive client-side web applications (for global enterprise solutions)
- Build and implement feature & function rich enterprise level websites (transactions, user interactions etc.)
- Constantly research & identify new web technologies/trends to drive innovation, quality and a fresh outlook
- Working with architecture and product management to identity the optimal technical approach and contribute to the full solution design
- Coach and mentor your peers within the web development community in Travelport
- Starting or continuing your people management journey with direct reports
Come and join us…
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
You will have;
- Familiarity with all phases of the SDLC
- 5+ years’ experience in web front end development required
- Willingness to focus on React as the framework of choice.
- Experienced with modern frontend tooling, including CSS pre-processors, build tools (e.g Webpack, Gulp), testing frameworks, transpilers and module loaders
- Experience integrating web apps with RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance.
- Experience with facilitating code and technical review processes (merge request, pair programming)
- Experience with leadership roles within agile teams would be an advantage.
- Experience in contributing to internal shared libraries
- Familiarity with Design Systems/Concepts (Bootstap/Grid System/Flex-Box) – Understanding of the entire system, define, build, develop and publish
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.