Posted29th Sep, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
What does a great Manager, Market Intelligence do?
This is a management role focused on defining and executing customer, market and competitor research, leveraging our research platforms to deliver actionable insights/intelligence to support business goals and strategic decision making.
- Brings experience in Voice of Customer (VoC) platform operation, working on the design, delivery and maintenance of surveys - likewise for the underlying data sources utilized for survey invitations. Works directly with stakeholders to design surveys and research approaches that capture relevant and actionable feedback from customers; designs dashboards for key business areas that provide insight to drive ongoing product/service or interaction improvement.
- Works on customer engagement platforms, growing and evolving these to support the business with understanding customer needs and drivers.
- Builds a strong network of stakeholders, partnering to maximize impact of the voice of our customers in their relevant business area (Commercial, Product, Marketing, Customer Support).
- Looks at the travel industry and beyond to form impactful insights across a range of topics covering industry recovery, economy, tech industry and more. Identifies strategies applied by competitors and the wider industry; highlights these with relevant parts of the business at all levels.
- Has keen interest in learning about new areas of focus (trend watching) and sharing knowledge in a concise and impactful style. Inspires business stakeholders to embrace VoC, supporting them in forming prioritized action plans.
- Is comfortable engaging directly with customers in interview, and consistently models customer centric behaviors and language, encouraging others to do the same and recognizing those who do.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to understand research/insight needs, define approaches/proposals, design surveys and deliver resulting analysis and dashboards, empowering management of their business area in a customer centric way.
- Deliver impactful and actionable market and competitive insights through presentations/reports to leadership and teams allowing effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation.
- Manage and grow customer communities for research, through development of recruitment and member engagement strategies – enhancing opportunity for targeted research and engagement.
- Consolidate insights from different sources to develop a detailed view of customer successes, opportunities and pain points.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to get market insights around unplanned/unexpected events; partner with third party vendors to deliver insights to support business response.
- Manage internal surveys to support employee engagement and continuous improvement focused on business operations and execution.
- Develop and share customer story from insights, to increase employee empathy with our customers.
- Partner strongly with stakeholders; embody the principles of CX in serving their needs.
- Collaborate as needed to embed research platforms and best practice/optimal ways of working.
- Utilize research best practice expertise to guide the business to gather true customer insight.
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact upon the lives of travelers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s game-changers, you’ll drive transformation and be part of a winning culture.
What we look for?
- Customer centricity, understanding of CX factors and how to measure them.
- Relationship-building and interpersonal skills; adapt personal style to suit situations/stakeholders.
- Ability to network effectively at all levels and influence without direct management oversight.
- Analytical skills, uses data to derive insight and support recommendations.
- Communication skills, ensuring clarity/instilling confidence to bring desired outcomes.
- Understanding of methodologies required to deliver consistently robust insight.
- Experience in a market research role, either agency or client side.
- Experience using online survey tools (preferably Qualtrics) including designing, programming and distributing surveys.
- Experience sharing customer stories through myriad means to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strength in problem solving and analytics and capable of driving insight to action.
- Adapting to changing business priorities, recognizing/realizing opportunities to drive value.
- Microsoft Excel skills with experience of data manipulation, pivot tables.
- Experience using secondary research to develop understanding and analysis of potential future trends.
- Experience managing feedback to support journey-based approach to CX design.
- Understanding of Travel Commerce and sound awareness of the external industry environment preferred.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
You will thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your commitment to making a difference are rewarded.
See yourself here: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/life-at-travelport/
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch.