Posted11th Dec, 2020
Payroll professionals. The definition of ‘not all heroes wear capes’. Are we right?
Yes, of course, we’re right. So, on that note, we’re looking to add to our team of superheroes!
So, what does an awesome Payroll Supervisor do at Travelport?
Reporting to the Head of Global Payroll, this role will contribute to the ongoing development of the Global Payroll Strategy, Governance & Control frameworks and processes across all payrolls support Finance Operations and HR strategy with a team of direct reports, responsible for the efficient, on-time and accurate delivery of International payrolls, within a control framework!
As well as the above, you’ll also be involved in…
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of 5 (including one in Italy) who are responsible for reviewing, reconciling, accounting for and notifying monthly updates to payroll providers across EMEA/APAC countries and working with Group Treasury, ensure all payrolls are adequately funded.
- Lead payroll continuous improvement change programmes including system and process standardization and automation;
- Develop and produce regular KPI management reporting;
- Review payroll controls and compliance, challenge Payroll business continuity plans and ensure operating procedures are up to date and accurate;
- Ensure effective and efficient processes for payroll are in place with internal controls and appropriate levels of review embedded in daily operations;
- Proactively manage the supplier relationship with our payroll provider, ensuring that value is optimised and SLAs are delivered;
- Develop and maintain business partnering relationships with key stakeholders, including HR, Compensation & Benefits, Global Mobility and the General Ledger teams;
- Support the centralization of other International payrolls into the Langley team from an operational perspective.
- Lead the accurate and timely provision to HMRC of Senior Accounting Officer and Short-term business visitor reporting. Significant role in PAYE Settlement Agreement process.
- Reporting and tracking of monthly KPIs and SLAs
- Review and approve payroll controls, ensuring operating procedures are up to date and accurate. Manage regular reviews from auditors.
- Prepare payroll cost budgets and forecasts.
- Lead a programme of continuous improvement to simplify and / or automate end-to-end payroll processes and eliminate waste. Develop business partnering relationships with stakeholders, especially HR, Compensation & Benefits and the general ledger teams.
- Support Compensation & Benefits team global mobility programme. Assist the general ledger team with payroll related external audit queries.
Maintain and challenge Payroll business continuity plans
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact on the lives of travellers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s game-changers, you’ll drive transformation and be part of a winning culture!
Who would prosper in this role?
- Qualified CIPP or equivalent desirable
- People management experience essential
- Intl payroll experience preferred
- Project management and delivery experience
- Up to date knowledge of UK/Intl Payroll legislation
- Experience of shadow/expat payrolls advantageous
- Understands standard payroll journal postings to GL and balance sheet reconciliations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including team management.
- Excel to at least intermediate level and Oracle (or equivalent ERP system) experience.
- Team player able to demonstrate flexibility, effective communication, coolness under pressure.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your commitment to making a difference are rewarded.
We are offering a very competitive base salary + cash car allowance + bonus + alot more!
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!