Posted11th Dec, 2020
We're hiring! Exciting opportunity for a dedicated Scrum Master to join our Dublin 2 team.
You will have the opportunity to work in a company that truly values and invests in Agile, respects the role of Scrum Master and provides a real career path for growth and development!
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
The Scrum Master is a servant leader who enables teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices. As a Scrum Master at Travelport, you will support multiple Scrum Teams and their Product Owners, by leading and coaching them in both Agile and Scrum values, helping them to continue to deliver amazing technical products to our customers.
● Facilitate Progress Toward Team Goals – Continuously challenge the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
● Continuous Improvement – Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions. Teach problem-solving techniques and help the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
● Team Self-Management/Cross-Functionality[GD1] - Coach the team members in self-management and cross-functionality.
● Estimation - Guide the team in establishing normalized estimates and help the team understand how to estimate their work.
● Support the Product Owner - Help and coach the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
● Help Build a High-Performance Team - Help the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalate to management if/when internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue.
● Communication - Communicate effectively across all parts of the enterprise, including with senior leadership. Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums and coordinate with other teams.
● Scrum Ceremonies - Ensure that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and kept within the timebox.
● Agile Release Train (ART) Ceremonies - Facilitate preparation and readiness for ART events including Program Increment (PI) Planning, System Demos, and Inspect and Adapt.
● Impediments - Help the Scrum Team avoid and remove impediments to their progress.
● Reporting - Create a variety of reports using effective business language to highlight successes, challenges and issues within each iteration and end of PI.
● Support the Release Train Engineer with cross-team impediments, dependency management, and general communication.
● Participate in our Agile Community of Practice - Working with our Agile community of practice to guide, support and further enhance the understanding of agile within the company.
Who would succeed in this role:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification required.
- 3+ years experience in the Scrum Master in a software development environment.
- Experience working with multiple Scrum Teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in Scrum (retrospective formats, handling bugs, tech debt, etc.)
- Knowledge of other approaches used in teams, such as XP, Kanban, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
We are offering a very competitive remuneration package. Flexible working arrangements.
Usually this role would be based at our really cool and trendy Dublin 2 offices- where the Barry's and Lyons tea is on tap!
Interested? Get in touch- we'd love to hear from you!