Posted14th Jan, 2021
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
Experience Required2-5 years experience as a Scrum Master in a Technology or Travel Technology environment
Education RequiredBachelor's or equivalent experience
What does a great Scrum Master do?
The Scrum Master role requires an individual who understands traditional project management tasks as well as the agile skills of serving the team throughout each sprint cycle. This person also manages dependencies with Architecture, Systems Integration, Technical Operations and Product/Commercial.
The Scrum Master responsibilities include removing constraints, managing team dependencies and leading Scrum ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, retrospectives, etc. In this role, you will also work in conjunction with the Product Owner/Manager and Business Owners to facilitate the needs of the team in achieving prioritized feature delivery that meets the overall strategy for the product
Additionally, you may be responsible for light project administration using project management tools for tracking and reporting actuals to budget and updating weekly status and project health.
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact upon the lives of travelers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s game-changers, you will drive transformation and be part of a winning culture.
What we look for?
Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalently qualified by experience.
- 2 –5 years of Scrum Master and leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of Agile principles; Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience is a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe for Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Experience with leading globally distributed teams.
- Understanding of Project Management Methodologies.
- Exposure to technical Concepts and tooling.
- Working experience using Microsoft Project preferred.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Teams and JIRA.
- Excellent verbal, written and ‘attention to detail’ skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional teams that are globally disbursed and facilitate conversations that lead to agreed direction to deliver results, in a global organization.
- Able to travel 5-10% of the time.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
You will thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your commitment to making a difference are rewarded.
See yourself here: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/life-at-travelport/
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch.