Posted16th Sep, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing Security Architecture guidance? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Cloud Security Architect at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
- Drive the creation of the roadmap for a defined area aligned to Travelport Technology, Business strategies and Cyber Security.
- Identify improvement opportunities in defined areas of architectural domain and update roadmaps accordingly.
- Lead a portfolio of projects in partnership with a Line of Business or Functional Area along the established technical and business roadmaps.
- Know and apply the Travelport End to End Delivery Model processes, Investment Framework, Architecture Process and tools to ensure production of quality deliverables.
- Advocate and complies with SAFe/Agile processes to ensure identification of risks, dependencies, gaps, misalignment, and technical debt and developing mitigation strategies for the portfolio.
- Lead LoB/functional area architecture review meetings and approves team activities in determining project architectures for LoB alignment.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate blend of resources (directs and matrixed) to meet portfolio project requirements.
- Monitor all aspects of projects (including estimation, sourcing, budgeting, scheduling, quality management, implementation, risk management and regulatory requirements).
- Establish metrics for measuring key project deliverables and controls scope and change management issues.
- Actively contribute expertise and mentor others to accomplish project deliverables/goals.
- Identify opportunities, understand technical needs of projects and convert them into enterprise requirements. Act as a technical product owner where applicable for a service/program, and prioritize and manage enterprise requirements, and create a business justification.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies, industry trends, and contribute to architecture best practices.
- Communicate threat intelligence and vulnerability management options
- Analyze threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture
- Work closely with enterprise architects to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative cloud-based security offerings
- Design secure cloud-native applications, platforms, core services, and security controls across multiple public and private cloud environments including Azure, AWS, GCP, and OpenShift; drive implementation efforts in a highly matrixed environment.
- Serve as an internal senior trusted advisor providing security consulting services across multiple technical domains to project teams, partners, and other senior members to provide advice on security and assist with compensating control alternatives where security requirements cannot be met.
- Define Cloud Security Standards in support of Travelport cyber policies.
- In support of those standards, document the appropriate Cloud Security Policies governing the use of IaaS and PaaS technologies for the following subscription services: AWS, GC, Azure.
- Define RQL policies in Prisma Cloud having registered AWS, GC, and Azure subscriptions.
- Train the SOC on how to respond to Prisma Cloud alerts.
- Demonstrate ability to lead, influence, and oversee the execution and improvement of the end to end Delivery of corporate mandates and shared business goals
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise of the applications, products, business operating models and capabilities
- Define project portfolio objectives in alignment with business and technology vision and goals.
- Superior knowledge of technology and specialized travel technology industry
- Represent the company to external customers.
- Understand the complete architecture strategy and how the individual components integrate together. Uses this knowledge to inform internal and external customers and users
- Compare and contrast alternative architectures and is able to provide evidence for a fact based decision on the best direction taking account of the strategy / roadmaps
- Proactively keeps up to date with external trends and technology developments in area of expertise.
- Experienced in leading teams including performance management and responsibility for decisions on resources/direct reports, devolved budgets and timelines for portfolio.
- Regarded as a subject matter expert with additional experience across a range of applications and adjacent systems.
- Able to demonstrate examples of successfully leading cross functional/business portfolios.
- Recognized as an expert coach & mentor.
- 7+ years’ experience in Information Technology.
- 5+ years’ experience with hands on architecture, design, development and deployment of security technology. Architect Expertise: Understand everything – networking, infrastructure, platform to align security controls to those aspects of IT and App Development. (How data sits and how traffic flows.)
- 5+ years’ experience in administering security controls in a large enterprise organization.
- Cloud Security experience in AWS, Azure or Google is highly preferred.
- Experience with multiple information technology and security technologies: IIS, SQL, firewall, IPS/IDS, Windows, Linux, Anti-Virus, mail filtering, WAF, encryption, CA authority, IDM/IAM, multi factor authentication, SSO, VPN, Vulnerability Management, DDoS, SIEM, FIM, WIPS, MDM, Pen Testing.
Skills / Education
- Able to review and recommend improvements to the End to End Delivery Model processes and tools
- Knowledge of budgeting processes & project management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Network Security Engineering or related major or equivalent work experience.
- Any cyber certifications is a plus, such as: CCSP, CISSP, CISM, CCSM, CCNA, CCNP, etc.
- Agile SDLC process a plus
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.