Posted5th May, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a varied environment? Do you feel passionate about providing multiple executive support? If so, then we could be the place for you
Looking for a senior cyber security engineer to join a best of breed security team. Continue to push and innovate with the best tools, processes, and procedures to protect Travelport’s data, customers, and employees.
Job profile components
- Sr. Engineer will work with minimal supervisor engagement while delivering high results for the team.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise needed to manage all security aspects of information systems/applications daily
- Analyze, and assess security incidents that occur to Travelport assets and escalates incidents by following incident plan.
- Develop and implement countermeasures to mitigate potential security threats, especially those that are more complex and far reaching.
- Assess proposed changes or additions to information systems/applications, analyzing likely effects and side effects in advance
- Lead activities to tune and optimize all Security tools used in the Travelport environment (IAM, WAF, IDS, Vulnerability Management, DLP, SIEM, Anti-Virus, CASB, Threat management, Pen testing, etc.).
- Ensure information systems and applications comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards
- Periodically verify security features and operating controls are functional and effective
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging cyber-attack threats with potential to harm company systems and networks.
- Provide feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Consult with senior engineers, data architects, and developers to ensure effective security is achieved
- Develops and executes corrective action plans and remediation plans when issues are identified in order to mitigate the risk of exploitation.
- Fully experienced in multiple specializations and is acquiring experience in related specializations.
- Has sound knowledge of TVP people, business operations and clients.
- Understands the delivery of multiple applications to clients and how two or more applications/products could be applied to client needs.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, run incident bridges, and communicate across multiple teams.
- 7+ years
- Regarded as a subject matter expert with additional experience across a range of applications and adjacent systems
- Extensive experience with several of the following security technologies: Anti-virus, End point detection and response (EDR), File Integrity monitoring (FIM), Web application firewalls (WAF), Next Generation Firewalls, Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), Security information and event monitoring (SIEM), Network Access control (NAC), Threat intelligence, Cloud access security broker (CASB), Identity and access management (IDM), Forensics, Penetration Testing, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of network concepts and protocols such as RIP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, STP, VRRP, WCCP, Load Balancing, and WAN Acceleration, VPN tunnels.
- Ability to demonstrate and present solid networking and security experience to customers and partners as required.
- Ability to clearly relay technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical people, written and verbally.
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices (PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR)
- Linux command line skills a plus
- Scripting experience with Bash, Perl, Python, and/or Powershell a plus
- Travel industry experience preferred
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Network Security Engineering, or combination of experience and education
- Security Certifications desired, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CPISM, ISSAP, OSCP, OSWP. Other industry certifications preferred, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCSE, CCSA, CCSE, CCSM.
- Experience with planning and managing multiple projects or teams.
- Deep domain knowledge in at least one of the services/products and adjacent systems. Given depth and breadth of experience, is able to complete assignments very quickly.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.