Posted11th Sep, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
Senior Cyber Security Engineer I wanted by Travelport, LP, a travel technology services provider in Atlanta, GA.
- Provide technical leadership in the architecture, design, engineering, implementation, security, and management of the enterprise-wide firewall and IPS platforms;
- Oversee substantial network planning and design focused on new solutions along with efficient and effective growth and expansion;
- Provide strategic planning of active/active architectures, multiple data center integration, cloud network infrastructure, and DR and resiliency;
- Work with application development teams and communicate effectively with various departments and technical skill sets;
- Strategize in close partnership with Cyber Security & Risk and Architecture departments to develop and implement all meaningful guiding principles, reference architecture, and devise standards to effectively build a technical infrastructure that helps achieve Company business objectives;
- Provide advanced technical and operational escalation support to the Operations staff on network elements, Firewalls and IPS;
- Document and disseminate processes and procedures for the Network Organization;
- Work closely with technology teams to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions;
- Identify performance issues, interpret trends (e.g., traces of network traffic), and implement improvements. Diagnose and resolve complex performance and reliability issues escalated by operations or with wide-spread impact;
- Apply strong knowledge of data communications principles, architectures and protocols including TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN and Ethernet technologies to design and implement efficient network configurations;
- Craft internally segmented data centers, with N/S and E/W segmentation using experience with PCI, ISO27001, SOX, and GDPR, compliant designs; and
- Troubleshoot beyond the firewall platform, with the ability to identify the root cause, and solution to problems.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or a related discipline plus 5 years of progressive experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
Experience must include:
- 5 years of experience working across cyber security industry;
- 5 years of experience with planning and managing multiple projects;
- 5 years of experience with Network Firewall Technologies including Checkpoint and Fortinet Firewalls and managing the base OS platform;
- 5 years of experience in managing IPS or other Next Gen features of firewalls;
- 5 years of experience with managing networking technologies such as MPLS, load balancing VPN tunneling, and WAN acceleration;
- 5 years of experience with firewall automation and orchestration tools such as Tufin and Skybox;
- 5 years of experience in managing built in firewall application controls, including URL filtering, identity awareness, threat prevention, AV and smart event collection
- 5 years of extensive knowledge on LAN, WAN design and architecture;
- 5 years of experience on networking protocols like TCP/IP, Layer2/3, STP, Trunking, DNS, DHCP, QOS, VOIP and dynamic routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP);
- 5 years of experience in firewall/security tool deployments in cloud (AWS, Azure, Google);
- 5 years of experience in analytical and technical troubleshooting skills for network security technologies both on-premises and cloud;
- 5 years of experience on working with Cisco Routers (ISR & ASR's), switches (Catalyst & Nexus), ISE, Wireless (Meraki), ASA's; and
- 5 years of experience on Security tools such as Firewall Management, Load balancers, Network Taps, DLP.
Must have PCNSE (Palo Alto) Certification.