Posted17th Nov, 2020
We’re hiring for a Senior Server Developer to join our Dublin-based team!
What does a great Senior Server Developer do:
As Senior Server Engineer on the Product Delivery Team, you will be responsible for the end to end delivery of Travelport Digital’s next generation of services. You will play a pivotal & crucial role, collaborating with a team of experienced developers, testers and designers.
- Support and guide requirements/design activities for features in one of our core products.
- Passionate about efficient, high performance, high reliability/stability experience and architectural alignment of solution.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Quality, Architecture, Security, Project Management, Commercial) and contributes subject matter expertise to develop unique solutions to complex issues.
- Understand and guide others in how to in balance tactical needs with strategic application of platform, application and/or global architectural standards
- Demonstrate ability to keep things simple and apply lean product development principles.
- Take the initiative – doesn't wait to be told what to do. Constantly coming up with small improvements or new ideas, bringing the best solutions to life.
- Relentless about quality and embracing a culture of continuous delivery.
- Passionate about seeing changes come to life; naturally curious and immersed in the work – constantly reading, innovating, researching, exploring the latest trends and trying out new technologies and approaches
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact upon the lives of travellers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s game-changers, you’ll drive transformation and be part of a winning culture!
What we look for:
- Have a minimum of 5+ years (post-graduation) Java development experience.
- Proven track record in delivering software on-time and with high quality.
- Proven experience in the latest Java server-side development essential (Java 8+).
- Experience working with Spring and NodeJS is an advantage.
- Exposure to web technologies (e.g. React, Angular2+, Typescript) would be an advantage.
- Experience with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Sonar) and automated deployment (e.g. Ansible) an advantage.
- Strong Database knowledge in either SQL or ideally NoSQL (e.g. Mongo).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical information in a clear and succinct manner.
- Strong understanding of Microservices architectures.
- Desirable knowledge in Gradle, Groovy and Agile (Scrum preferably).
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your commitment to making a difference are rewarded.
These are just a few of our employee’s favourite perks…
- Super cool modern offices right in the heart of Dublin 2
- Very competitive base salary
- Full private medical insurance
- Phenomenal colleagues
- Barry’s Tea (on tap)
- Lyons Tea (on tap)
- And more...
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!