Posted 11th Sep, 2020
Job ID 7626BR
Employment type Regular - Full Time
Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- Applies expert knowledge of principles and concepts in the development, design, and/or maintenance of multiple components or activities for more than one product
- Understands impact on adjacent systems and long term impact of technical decisions and recognizes importance of compliance with architectural direction and TEP (Technology Enterprise Process)
- Ensures high quality code is delivered that meets specifications
- Generates ideas to improve overall system design and/or streamline delivery of product/system
- Champions needs of customer community and user experience enhancement
- Acts as a key technical point of contact for a subset of larger project as a technical expert
- Proactively contributes to compliance with standard and best practices within application delivery
- Utilisation of corporate project management tools as required eg: PPM, Jira etc
- Understands and guides others in how to in balance tactical needs with strategic application of platform, application and/or global architectural standards
- Actively contributes to collaborative relationships with key vendors/partners to accomplish technology/application delivery goals
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, industry trends, and drives adoption of software development engineering best practices eg: Agile working practices
Expertise / Proficiency
- Strong knowledge within field of concentration, while demonstrating expertise in at least one specialty
- Understands BU role and responsibilities as they relate to Travelport people, business and clients
- Provides tactical and technical support on tasks and guidance to others
- Able to serve as subject matter expert or team lead for short-term projects
- Provides direction to others
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Highly technical individual possessing expertise and experience working across multiple components or one entire application (or internal business system)
- Experience developing, deploying or supporting commercial, customer facing distributed or mainframe solutions
- Possess deep domain expertise and experience working across a group of related products/applications
- Experience in Quality Assurance, software development, project management, operations and other technical areas
- Experience leading projects
- Experience in travel industry preferred
Skills / Education
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical information in a clear and succinct manner
- Highly proficient in all phases of Travelport SDLC and BU specific metrics and processes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint) Visio as applicable
- Practical working knowledge of using Microsoft Project as a planning tool and working in a Project Server Environment
- Experience of Jira for Requirements/ Story management and work management tools (eg: KANBAN if applicable to area)
- Is productive independently and requires very infrequent oversight from others.
- Participate in design tasks for all architectures.
- Assist in defining architectures in compliance with TEP (Technology Enterprise Process).
- Provide oversight, guidance and review work performed by others.
- Subject matter expert (SME)
- Provides direction and coaching to colleagues/team members
- Develops/improves processes and direction, recommends and transfers knowledge.
- Advises various stakeholders and coaches/mentors others