Posted11th Jan, 2021
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
The role of the Atlas Design System team is to create beautifully crafted, re-usable components that form the building blocks of all Travelport products. As a web developer on the Atlas team you will be a bridge between design and tech, collaborating closely with designers to define and optimise our designs, and build components that are accessible, performant and responsive. Applicants require a sharp eye for detail and in-depth knowledge of CSS, HTML, JS and React.
The impact of your work at Travelport will be significant as you ship products that end up in the hands of millions of travellers and the agents that make the travel industry tick every single day. If you’re interested in making a global impact by delivering creative user experiences – we’d love to hear from you.
In this web developer role you will:
- Build and maintain the Atlas React component library
- Work closely with designers throughout the design process - identify technical constraints, take part in design reviews, prototype solutions etc.
- Demo work regularly and communicate with the team
- Create component documentation and developer guidelines
- Communicate with UI developers across product teams to ensure Atlas serves their needs
- Guide and support other developers making contributions to components in the Atlas design system library
- Run unit and end-to-end tests on all Atlas components
- Ensure components meet accessibility, internationalization, and localization requirements
- Constantly research & identify new web technologies/trends to drive innovation, quality and a fresh outlook
- Work with lead developers, architecture and product management to identity the optimal technical approach
You will have:
- Familiarity with all phases of the SDLC
- 5+ years’ experience in web front end development
- 2+ years’ experience React, HTML5 and CSS3
- Experienced with modern frontend tooling, including CSS pre-processors (PostCSS/SCSS), build tools (e.g Webpack, Gulp), testing frameworks, transpilers and module loaders
- Knowledge of Typescript
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
- Experience with facilitating code and technical review processes (merge request, pair programming)
- Fluent written and spoken English required
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
These are just a few of our employee’s favourite perks…
- Super cool modern offices right in the heart of Dublin 2
- Very competitive base salary
- Flexible remote working policy
- Full private medical insurance
- Phenomenal colleagues
- Barry’s Tea (on tap)
- Lyons Tea (on tap)
- And more...
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!