Posted11th Jan, 2021
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
Experience Required• 5+ years of relevant experience in a Solution Architect or similar System Architecture
Education RequiredBachelor's or equivalent experience
What does a great Solution Architect do?
A Solution Architect will be part of the Global Solutions Delivery team that will play a key role in supporting the formation of the Enterprise’s direction as well as ensuring that best of breed technologies is in place to support them.
Travelport is delivering the next generation of travel partner tools to our global customer base and this role will be key to supporting that. We are also an industry leader in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and so this position will both support the needs of the agile team’s emergent design as well as being accountable for ensuring that the organizations global intentional architecture is fully resolved.
The purpose of this role is to use your considerable experience and expertise to ensure that Travelport continues to have technologies that are both industry leading and enterprise best in class. You will be working with industry partners, business leaders and technology colleagues to define and deliver solutions from innovations through to production platforms.
- Owning the evolution of Travelport’s global intentional Architecture, through the development of the solution design, partnering and in close consultation with leaders and specialists to an agreed set of business requirements.
- Ensure total alignment with product and delivery for assigned Agile Release Train’s within a product portfolio that will have many technologies (both in terms of platforms and software) complexities and inter-dependencies impacting multiple business units and additionally customer segments.
- Development of Total Cost of Ownership models to establish, maintain and govern business cases and processes that facilitate the delivery of consistently high-quality results meeting Travelport business needs.
- You will partner with multi-functional leaders as well as onshore/offshore resources to deliver and meet company goals.
- Collaborates effectively at a senior level with business, product and technical teams to analyze and evaluate technical, vendor, and resource requirements to drive successful architecture outcomes.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies, industry trends, and drives architecture best practices.
- Ensure the SAFe solution architectural results are aligned and co-ordinated between the agile release trains.
- Create Architectural Enablers and Lean Business Cases that address business requirements and roadmaps.
- Building on Travelport’s multiyear and award-winning innovations programs, drives and delivers innovations new in partnership with external innovation partners.
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact upon the lives of travelers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s game-changers, you’ll drive transformation and be part of a winning culture.
What we look for?
Experience and Capabilities
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a Solution Architect or similar System Architecture role with the ability to compare and contrast alternative architectures and can provide evidence for a fact-based decision on the best direction taking account of the strategy / roadmaps and financials/budget.
- A background working within a recognized architecture framework e.g. TOGAF, DODAF.
- Expertise in Architectural methodologies.
- Knowledge of cloud and high-performance computing e.g. AWS, MS Azure.
- Able to demonstrate examples of successfully driving a portfolio of cross functional/business programs/projects within budget while applying architecture methodology enabling comprehensive business outcomes.
- Excellent Stakeholder management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and documentation skills.
- Ability to create professional Business and Design documentation, including a full range of Architecture framework artifacts
- Agile SAFe certified or equivalent Agile experience.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you!
You will thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your commitment to making a difference are rewarded.
See yourself here: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/life-at-travelport/
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.