Posted11th Jan, 2021
We're hiring! Fantastic opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join our Dublin team!
This is a permanent role that will be based at our very modern and trendy Dublin 2 offices (subject to Covid-restrictions offering a mix of office and home working).
Join the Travelport Dublin Cloud Platform and Operations team, where you will work with the team with operational responsibility for the Dublin based systems. These systems include our bespoke systems for our Airline and Travel Agency customers, including easyJet and BCD along with a number of our Products which serve Customers across the globe.
In joining the team you will also have the opportunity of contributing to our Cloud Platform where we are using technology like Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Jenkins etc to build out a Cloud based CI/CD Platform. This will give you an opportunity to broaden your skillset through working with a modern technology stack!
- Work as a member of the Travelport Dublin Operations team to build, administer and maintain our 24X7 production environments, staging/development environments and supporting infrastructure
- Handling support requests for internal business users
- Be a point of contract for technical issues on a variety of components e.g. production systems, staging environment, development and deployment tools.
- Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with provided cloud services.
- Support deployment of software, service and maintenance of all information technology assets.
- Work with Cyber Security to ensure security best practices are followed across systems
- Managing full AWS Lifecycle, Provisioning, Automation and Security.
- Configure and fine-tune cloud infrastructure systems.
- Performing software upgrades. Kernel patching, errata patches.
- Monitor availability and performance
- Manage disaster recovery and create backups.
- Maintain Data Integrity and access control while you use AWS application platform.
- 5+ years working as an Systems Administrator
- Recent Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Linux system administration essential
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other Cloud providers essential
- Hands on with a solid technical aptitude, excellent communication skills, good people skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to apply those skills to assist in troubleshooting of a wide range of information systems and applications
- Familiarity with network security technologies such as firewalling and network segmentation.
- Good understanding of IT Security practices, methodologies, tools mechanisms and trends.
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates, and key and secret management.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration.
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts such as Infrastructure-As-Code and Configuration Management tools
- Experience as a Systems Administrator on virtual environments
- Experience with Jira and Atlassian
- Experience with SDLC and project management methods including Scrum and Agile
- Experience writing scripts in Bash and Python
- Experience with automated deployment of applications, including orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration
- Experience with version control using tools like bitbucket.
What's on offer:
Very competitive base salary, bonus, private medical insurance, match contribution pension, cycle to work scheme, 25 days holidays, tea on tap more!
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!