Posted16th Sep, 2020
Experience Required3+ years
What does a phenomenal Systems Development Engineer II do at Travelport?
The objective is to improve and maintain the stability of the zTPF platforms by providing high quality technical expertise and guidance through the build, test, and production phases. As a Mainframe Systems Software Developer Engineer, you will work with other Systems Development Engineers, Applications Programmers, and Support teams performing daily activities ranging in complexity. You will the configure, maintain, develop, and provide reliable operation of our zTPF test, Pre-Production and Production environments. You will own and lead changes/projects through all stages of the development and implementation life cycle.
- Develop and improve zTPF Operating System and Host Communications code. Including supporting software and utilities to meet Travelport’s business requirements.
- Provide support and problem resolution for the test, pre-production and production Travelport systems. This includes development of new functionality, application/merge of IBM APARs, and maintenance of home-grown OS modifications and utilities. Provide operational and production support services for Travelport zTPF Systems.
- Technical support interface to Travelport and Delta for zTPF OS functions including new functionality POCs and assistance with debugging/problem resolution.
- Manage and support tools for collecting and reporting on zTPF performance i.e. IBM Data Collection, Sub-Capacity Reporting Tool, and Continuous Data Collection.
- Provide 24x7 on call availability and support on a rotating weekly basis with other group staff.
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact upon the lives of travelers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s game-changers, you’ll drive transformation and grow within a winning culture.
What we look for?
The successful candidate will be a hardworking, technical, proactive person who adopts challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will have…
- Ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent assignments with both technical and business staff.
- Flexible, self-motivated, high work standards, attentive to detail, able to perform as an individual contributor or as a member or leader of a team.
- Proficient writing, speaking, and social skills to effectively communicate technically with peers and strategically with senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years related zTPF Systems (Control Program) experience with solid knowledge of z/TPF Technologies, z Architecture, Assembler and C/C++ Programming languages.
- Knowledge of zTPFGI and testing zTPF software in a VM (VPARS) environment.
- Experience with Host Communications (TCP/IP), a plus.
Our team culture is one of Teamwork with respect, fairness, trust, and integrity.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
Come thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your dedication to making a difference are rewarded!
See yourself here: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/life-at-travelport/
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
If Interested, we’d love for you to get in touch!