Posted17th Sep, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
Technical Team Lead - React Native Team
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
As a Tech Team Lead at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Delivery Team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in leading one of our delivery development teams providing technical leadership to React Native, Web and Server Engineers, on a customer-facing project.
- You will also work closely alongside internal teams including other Team Leads, Architecture, QA, UI, UX, DevOps, Product Management, Project and Account Management.
- You will be a key influencer of the entire team delivery and have a full understanding of the ‘system’, what are the inputs and deliverables and the challenges to be dealt with along the way
- You will be able to contribute strongly in our Server and React Native development
In this role you will be the Lead Engineer: a champion of technical excellence and key mentor to your development team.
This Technical Team Lead role will involve…
As a Technical Lead
- You will manage a scrum team of developers whose job it is to deliver features for our TDL products.
- You will own the technical solution throughout its entirety, and will be the “go to” person for any of your team’s development/technical queries
- Work with your Senior Engineers to ensure that the whole team are delivering to high quality standards. Facilitate code and test reviews and pair programming, instil quality with every commit, and collaborate with senior management to develop process & technical improvements
- Collaborate with our Architecture and other development teams – making sure features fit into TDL’s product strategy
- Work with Project Management and Product Management teams on release planning
- Provide technical insights on relevant emerging technologies (e.g. pair programming, test automation, lunch and learns, conferences, tech design sessions etc.).
As a Line Manager
- Set and evaluate goals, conduct performance reviews, conduct regular 1-1 reviews etc.
- Identify skill gaps and training needs, driving technical innovation and learning
- Organise, create or run regular training/technical sessions to impart best practices
- Provide input into hiring e.g. reviewing technical tests, conducting interviews etc.
Come and join us…
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- Deep expertise in writing and deploying scalable and robust code on Server with a client-side technology with preference for React Native and/or ReactJS.
- Previous experience formally leading teams at all levels
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to talk in technical and non-technical terms depending on the audience, including directly with customers and senior management
- Have worked in a fast paced- Agile – SCRUM , technically progressive software/IT environment
- Familiarity with design patterns/test patterns and methodologies
- Ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
- Proven ability to analyse, assess and make informed decisions fast
- Proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- Display high standards, good attention to detail and a methodological work process (lead by example).
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent relevant work experience.
- We use a variety of leading edge mobile and open source technology – here’s just a small flavour of some of the stuff you can work with:
- Server (SpringBoot, Java, Groovy, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Ansible, Jenkins, DataDog)
- React Native (Typescript, Redux, React, Yarn)
- Web (React, Redux, Node, AngularJS, Typescript)
Good to have -
- Native iOS (Swift 4, Objective C)
- Native Android (Java, Kotlin, Play Services)
- Excellent understanding of scalable Microservices Architecture
- We test and deploy our solutions embracing the latest DevOps approaches using technologies such as: Jenkins, Ansible, AWS, Selenium, Appium, SonarQube
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
This role will be based at our (really cool!) offices in Dublin 2- with a flexible working from home policy (subject to Covid-19 guidelines).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.