Posted6th Oct, 2020
Employment typeRegular - Full Time
What does a great Telecom Billing Analyst do?
The Telecom Billing Analyst is responsible for reviewing supplier billing, general ledger coding and verification of services for accuracy. Also, responsible for move, add, change, disconnect orders to suppliers.
- Knowledge of LAN technologies including Ethernet, cabling, VLAN, STP; WAN Technologies: MPLS, Frame Relay, VPN, IPSEC, PPP, T1/T3 and Protocols to effectively:
- Handle management of Travelport’s telecommunications expenditure via invoice review and approval; roughly $12M in annual spend
- Carry out research and resolve billing inquires via dispute process through to completion
- Work with Network Engineering to establish a process to handle all telecommunication Move, Add, Change, and Disconnect orders and follow through to ensure billing accurately reflects those changes
- Ensure that the asset system of record (ServiceNow) is updated with pertinent circuit and contract renewal details
- Collect, analyze and document spend details in order to assist with annual budget preparation related to telecommunication expenditure
- Act as single point of contact between Telecom suppliers and Travelport through order lifecycle; maintain internal customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns
- Take a lead role in establishing appropriate process/workflows to maximize efficiency
- Present ideas on preferred process/workflows
- Conduct project planning and cost analysis for implementation of approved solution
- Continually work with internal departments and suppliers to correct poorly structured or inaccurate data/processes
We build innovative software solutions that have a global impact upon the lives of travelers and travel agents. As the partner of choice for travel’s game-changers, you’ll drive transformation and be part of a winning culture.
What we look for?
- 4 years’ experience in telecom financial analysis; preferably in Telecom billing
- General Ledger/Accounting and Budget preparation experience
- Has training and basic knowledge of job function principles, theories and concepts to complete clearly documented requirements for supervised assignments/scope.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications Technology or equivalent college education, and/or the equivalent of training and experience
- Must be proficient in basic math
- Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting/budgeting principles
- Strong Microsoft Product skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fast learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and organization skills
- Ideally some knowledge of ServiceNow
As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
You will thrive within a collaborative and creative atmosphere where continuous learning and your commitment to making a difference are rewarded.
See yourself here: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/life-at-travelport/
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch.