Auto req ID: 7285BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
The Jr Graphic Designer plays a significant role in Travelport’s Digital Media team. This person will be responsible for handling a variety of tasks related to the design, production, and coordination of advertisements and marketing materials for the Digital Media Solutions team and THOR (a Travelport company). This position will collect, create and maintain graphical ad materials as assigned. This role requires the ability to use graphic design software as well as other multi-media software to design digital and print advertising and marketing materials. The use of online platforms such as SalesForce, MailChimp, and Pardot may also be involved within the tasks assigned.
- Main Accountabilities:
- Design, production, and layout of email distributions, microsites, digital banners (for internal and external platforms and websites), and print publications (THOR magazine and other marketing collateral).
- Send ad specs to clients and reminders for deadlines of ad submission.
- Create and maintain marketing materials and update advertising and content in advertising media including websites, the Travelport distribution platform, and print advertising.
- Work with printers and outside resources as needed.
- Maintain graphic files and libraries for sales, supplier and agency needs.
- Maintain all content on websites as required.
- Create ad hoc marketing pieces as needed (i.e., sales collateral, surveys, postcards).
- Complete projects and tasks related to team projects on time with members of the Digital Media Solutions/THOR team and Travelport shared resources.
- Manage multiple deadlines, complete all job duties and tasks on schedule as assigned while tracking progress in the respective systems.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- 1-2 years of internship experience; college degree in Graphic Design or related field is a plus
- Must have a strong, well laid out online portfolio that shows a broad range of projects
- Graphic design software (Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Knowledge of HTML code and editing software (Dreamweaver CC). Knowledge of Wix or similar website building tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of online email marketing platforms such as MailChimp is preferred
- Knowledge of image file formats, resolutions, and color depths.
- Strong attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, efficiently time manage and prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-centric environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong customer service skills with both internal and external contacts.
- English language fluency required
- Must be flexible to handle a variety of requests across the teams.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and other colleagues throughout the Digital Media Solutions/THOR organizations.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and flex-working organization across multiple time zones.
- No travel required.
- Key Measures
- Development of advertising media and campaigns that assist sales with generating more than $20M annually.
- Working Relationship:
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Interacts regularly with digital media planners, marketing, sales, supplier and agency account team.
- Fast paced work environment with additional customer and support staff communication through telephone, e-mail and instant messaging.