Auto req ID: 6978BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a role where you can get plugged in and prosper in a dynamic environment? Do you feel passionate about facilitating projects? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Scrum Master, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Travelport is a leading travel commerce marketplace providing solutions supporting the USD 7 trillion global travel industry. The Travelport platform aggregates travel content from providers, enabling them to sell their products to travel agencies and corporations. Our platform contains 400 airlines, 600,000+ hotel properties, 60,000 car rental locations, 55 cruise operators and 12 major rail networks resulting in 900 billion transactions a year made through our systems. Travelport has a presence in over 170 countries.
The Scrum Master is a blended role that will assume the responsibility for all project management and Scrum Master activities in support of their team. This blended role requires an individual who complete the traditional project management tasks as well as the agile skills of serving the team throughout each sprint cycle. This person also manages dependencies with Architecture, Systems Integration, Technical Operations and Product/Commercial.
As the Scrum Master you are responsible for administration of the project using project management tools for tracking and reporting project actuals to budget. The Scrum Master is responsible for updating weekly status and project health, following and ensuring others comply with change control procedures, managing priorities of work within a project and between assigned projects.
The Scrum Master elements of the role are removing constraints, dependencies or administrative deliverables and leading Scrum ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, retrospectives, etc.
In this role, you will also work in conjunction with the Delivery Owner and Product Owner/Manager to facilitate the needs of the team in achieving prioritized feature delivery that meets the overall strategy for the product and Hospitality.
- Working knowledge of Agile principles; Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience is a plus
- 2 –5 years of project management and leadership experience.
- 2- 5 years of experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing project costs, schedules, scope, and risk, with appropriate status reporting.
- Working experience using Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and JIRA.
- Excellent verbal, written and ‘attention to detail’ skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability and desire to work with people all over the world, with the probability of a varying work schedule to accommodate different time zones.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional teams and facilitate conversations that lead to agreed direction.
- Strong relationship and team building skills with a good understanding of different cultures and how to work with them to deliver results, in a global organization.
- Experience with globally distributed team.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Understanding of how to measure actuals to budget and how to monitor during the project development cycle.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalently qualified by experience
- Must be able to travel 5-10% of the time including global travel.
- Experience within the travel industry is desired but not required.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
- Be a player, not a spectator. You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me. We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple. We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow. You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More than 10 years
Posted: September 6, 2019