Auto req ID: 7106BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Job Summary/Purpose Statement:
This role requires the provision of commercially focused legal advice on a variety of legal areas arising across the APAC MEA region, primarily in general commercial law, including drafting and negotiating a wide range of business-to-business commercial agreements facilitating the provision of travel, IT, and related services. This person must be a results-oriented lawyer with an awareness of commercial objectives. The role of Legal Counsel will report into the Vice President Legal – APACMEA.
- Draft customer agreements – usually starting from standard templates.
- Provide advise on disputes and manage litigation.
- Provide accurate legal advice on a wide range of company and commercial legal issues.
- Understand and enforce company policies.
- Understand and work within company processes.
- Work across multiple business functions to deliver certain projects.
- Support company purpose, vision and values.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Trained in top or mid-tier commercial law firm in a common law jurisdiction.
- 3-5 years of relevant post-qualification experience supporting commercial or corporate transactions.
- Work well with minimal supervision but with an emphasis on being a team player.
- In-house experience (on secondment or otherwise) preferable.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, with drafting and negotiation experience.
- Able to work on a wide range of projects with frequent interruptions but progress projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, flexible, and innovative.
- Experience handling IT/IP matters and technology transactions is helpful.
- Strong sense of business and legal ethics.
- Confident with strong interpersonal skills.