Auto req ID: 6409BR
Employee type: Fixed Term Contractor - Full Time
*JD template attached*
- Purpose Statement: (A brief outline/description of the role)
Legal Team Assistant/Administrator to the Europe Legal Team reporting to the VP Legal and Data Protection Officer. To provide legal secretarial and administrative support to the Europe Legal Team based in Langley.
- Main Accountabilities: (Outline a list of the main accountabilities for the role)
- Assisting the team with formatting and presentation of documents.
- Typing various legal documents, memos, minutes, letters, contracts and presentations swiftly and ensuring accuracy and professional presentation at all times.
- Managing the contract signing process – including ensuring original contracts are properly executed by the correct parties and the production of signing memos.
- Proactively ensuring legal documents and templates are produced in a consistent style and format.
- Production of Non-Disclosure Agreements for the business.
- Tracking and managing external counsel estimates / costs.
- Production of monthly accruals table and liaising with financial reporting team.
- Maintaining and updating the contracts Template folder and other databases as may be required, including SharePoint databases.
- Reviewing, maintaining and accurately updating filing systems (including electronic).
- Organising team meetings and managing diaries of the Europe Legal Team, as required.
- Processing and tracking expense requests and requests for annual leave.
- Booking and assisting the legal team with business travel arrangements.
- Working with the Legal Team Assistants in the Americas, MEA and APAC teams to ensure consistency, particularly in relation to style and format of documents and templates and filing systems.
- Supporting the Europe Legal Team generally as may be required.
- Assisting with due diligence process as required.
- Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- The post-holder must have excellent legal administration and secretarial experience preferably within a legal environment.
- Educated to at least ‘A’ Level/HND/BTEC standard.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word and Office.
- At a minimum some experience of Powerpoint and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all office equipment i.e. fax, photocopier, binding machine, telephone, etc.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills, attention to detail, and a methodical, organised approach in order to produce high quality work.
- Proven experience working at a senior level.
- Highly professional with an ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Basic legal knowledge, particularly contractual (i.e. NDAs, signature process) which may have been gained working in a legal environment.
The Travelport Legal team handle legal issues predominantly arising from Europe but also from other regions. The work can be pressurised and requires skill in prioritising and working to deadlines.
- Key Measures (e.g., financial scope, budget and staff management responsibilities):
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of status of various outstanding matters at any one time.
- Demonstrate an ability to be proactive.
- Remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Successfully prioritise workload.
- Respect confidentiality at all times.
- Work well within the team with a helpful and willing manner.
- Effectiveness at communicating with others at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working Relationship (e.g., external customers, suppliers; internal customers, staff managed):
- Work closely with the legal team and other business units in Travelport.
- Contact with management, as well as colleagues outside the Langley office.