Auto req ID: 6747BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking to develop yourself further in marketing? if so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Marketing Director at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Marketing team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in leads the marketing communications agenda and function for Travelport in the APAC&MEA region. They set the strategy and framework for a comprehensive marketing approach which underpins the region’s commercial objectives and nurtures the company’s brand reputation.
This role will involve
Marketing and Business Development Strategy
- Define and develop a robust marketing strategy in collaboration with the commercial function which delivers against the brand and business objectives of the global and regional organization.
- Identify strategic market opportunities and untapped customer channels with significant revenue upside and build out value propositions and programs to realize the revenues
- Support the head of region and commercial leadership team on strategic business initiatives in the key growth and retention markets.
- Build out marketing strategies and programs that enable us to win and retain business in Travelport’s owned and licensed operations.
- Act as a champion of the region with Global Marketing teams (Proposition, Brand, Campaign development, Digital, etc) to ensure that the needs of the region are heard, understood and delivered upon.
- Plan and manage an integrated marketing communication program, ensuring consistent messaging, creative execution and measurable outcomes.
- Ensure a balance between longer-term strategic activities, such as brand positioning and market development, mid-term activities such as lead generation, and near-term tactical campaigns to increase segment revenues
- Drive increased adoption of Travelport solutions and services through creative campaigns that demonstrate customer value
- Support the global initiative to boost non-air revenues.
- Boost customer and supplier engagement through live and virtual events, both hosted or co-sponsored
- Champion the importance of building a consistent brand positioning across APAC&MEA, in line with the global positioning but reflecting the varied cultural nuances across the region
- Provide leadership to Regional Marketing Managers and their support staff through clear goal-setting, consistent feedback and honest performance appraisals
- Provide leadership to, and ensure close collaboration with, the Public Relations function
- Lead the effective use of the regional marketing budget based on agreed KPIs
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
- Professional strategic marketer with more than 10 years of experience with a global or multi-regional brand, familiar with complex matrix organizations
- Confidence and creativity to drive through regional strategies and plans in a highly competitive commercial environment
- In depth understanding of the APAC&MEA marketplace and a proven track record of leading teams with diverse cultures
- Strong grasp of contemporary B2B marketing techniques, including effective lead generation and customer retention, as well as new media opportunities
- Knowledge and experience of the travel industry and/or the IT industry
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Native-standard English is mandatory. Another language would be an advantage
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.