Auto req ID: 6792BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be a join a diverse team of people?
Do you want to join a regional leadership team where you will be able to have an effective voice within the team?
Have you got an extensive background in leading teams across the European region?
If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Marketing Director - Europe at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Global Marketing team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in the European leadership team, working alongside the heads of the commercial, operations, finance and legal teams. You will report into the Global VP of Marketing, will be measured in large part by the contribution it makes to commercial success of this region, headed by the Managing Director, Europe.
You will lead the marketing agenda and function for Travelport across Europe. You will set the strategy and framework for a comprehensive marketing approach which underpins the region’s commercial objectives and nurtures the company’s brand reputation.
This Dynamic role will involve…
Marketing and Business Development Strategy
- Identify strategic market opportunities and untapped customer channels with significant revenue upside and build out value propositions and programs to realize the revenues
- Act as a champion with Global Marketing teams (Proposition, Brand, Campaign development, Digital, etc) to ensure that the needs of the region are heard, understood and delivered upon.
- Plan and manage an integrated marketing communication program, ensuring consistent messaging, creative execution and measurable outcomes.
- Boost customer and supplier engagement through live and virtual events, both hosted or co-sponsored
- Lead Regional Marketing Managers and their support staff through clear goal-setting, consistent feedback and honest performance appraisals
- Manage the effective use of the regional marketing budget based on agreed critical metrics
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- Will be a professional strategic marketer with more than 10 years of experience with a global or multi-regional brand, familiar with complex matrix organizations
- Will have confidence and creativity to drive through regional strategies and plans in a highly competitive commercial environment
- Will demonstrate in depth understanding of the European marketplace and a proven track record of leading teams with diverse cultures
- Will have a strong grasp of contemporary B2B marketing techniques, including effective lead generation and customer retention, as well as new media opportunities
- Will ideally have knowledge and experience of the travel industry and/or the tech industry
- Will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status