Auto req ID: 6815BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport.
As a at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech
Role & Team
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the Agency Commerce team; you will play a pivotal and crucial part in maintaining our relationship with customers, building new connections and maximizing profit.
The main responsibility is to develop and execute strategies to increase Travelport share in Mexico.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, methodologies, consultancy and processes to drive new business growth.
- Track competitor activity in the market and initiate necessary actions where appropriate.
- Represent the company externally in an effective manner. Determine appropriate trade show and other sales development event participation that affect assigned market. Represents the company in suitable trade and professional organizations.
- Build strong internal relationships with leaders in finance, legal, human resources, marketing, information technology so as to ensure appropriate support and cross-functional cooperation.
- Develop a lead/referral channel utilizing industry relationships, strategic and regional sales contacts, customers and Travelport functional groups.
- Maintain pipeline of business development opportunities and provide regular reporting on their development.
- Act as a communication conduit between the local industry and product marketing to define new product enhancement opportunities that benefit not only conversion accounts but existing customers as well.
- Actively prospect/call target accounts to qualify timing of actual sales opportunities. Initiate sales process at the appropriate time relative to contract expiration or opportunity for multi-GDS.
- Determine unique Travelport value proposition for each prospect opportunity through careful analysis of prospect´s current business, challenges, goals and operations.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers and key influencers in Country.
- Create and Develop appropriate sales strategies to win new business in assigned market.
- Attain the quarterly and annual segment and revenue target set by Travelport.
- Perform regular territory analysis to qualify target accounts and quantify the new business opportunity keeping pipeline via CRM for forecasting.
- Identify competitive differentiators to build business case to convert based on unique value aligned with target prospect´s goals and needs to deliver measurable business benefit to the customer.
- Design and implement value and product demonstrations that address customer´s expectations and needs in tandem with Travelport resources.
- Build financial models for approval, develop proposals and contracts within regional guidelines and internal processes.
- Move account through sales cycle and close sales deals that align with the Region´s budget.
- Understand customer´s provisioning needs and place appropriate orders.
- Oversee the execution of conversion team implementation activities.
- Complete conversion implementation within 90 days of contract signature.
- Maintain awareness of industry events affecting target account´s business.
- Strategic utilization of resources - both human and financial, to win new business.
- Promote products to up-sell and gain greater dependence on Travelport products and services.
- Serve as technical consultant and liaison between various domain experts, both internal and external.
- Prepare financial and business analyses.
- Requires constant vigilance and awareness of competitive threats along with the need to constantly define and demonstrate the value proposition offered by Travelport.
- Move account through CCS-based sales cycle and maintain accurate status for forecasting in CRM.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values:
- Be a player, not a spectator. You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me. We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple. We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow. You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
- 4-year degree; or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years´ experience in Sales Business Development, within the Technology or Travel industry, highly preferred. (SaaS, PaaS, etc.)
- Global experience; working cross-functionally across multi-cultural teams.
- Executive Engagement and Communications. (Exposure to working with c-level leaders, having fluid value conversations about technology products and services).
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.