Auto req ID: 7272BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
The Operator Success Manager role is a key member of the Global Operator channel and is responsible for powering success by helping Operators to get the very best out of all things Travelport. This includes the provision of a wide variety of operational support activities directly to Operators along with initiatives that aim to remove obstacles to growth, drive efficiency and effectiveness.
These roles have a global context, although each Operator Success Manager will be assigned a specific portfolio of Operators and / or Operator countries but may also have some responsibilities that are relevant to the entire Operator channel, who represent Travelport in 96 countries across a group of 40 separate and independent Operator companies that generate 25% of Travelport’s overall revenues.
- Own the operational relationship with all allocated Operators using regular meetings (visits where appropriate) to grow and strengthen relationship (aiming for position of trusted advisor).
- Guide Operators on all operational processes & templates – championing best practice at all times.
- Contribute to the accurate production of Operator Commission Statements by tracking / verifying product counts and where appropriate facilitate Commercial Finance Process 7 (CFP7).
- Where self service is not available, manage process relating to system credentials, product enablement etc.
- Act as a point of escalation for all non-commercial issues that sit outside of the standard incident escalation process. This would include but not be limited to items related to airline, product roll out, product utilisation etc.
- Participate actively in regular CommOps surgeries to help ensure efficient resolution of challenges.
- Identify operational and process trends of items hindering growth within own region, assess through collaboration if these same challenges exist in other regions and then work on ways to remove these growth barriers.
- Act as a regional (or global as appropriate) champion for centrally delivered projects e.g. product roll out (alongside Programme Manager in some instances).
- Be a point of connection for Operators to other key (non-commercial) support teams e.g. Product, Commercial Operations, Enablement, Training to facilitate delivery to Operators from these teams as needed.
- Work in collaboration with other OSMs, to identify and implement ways to drive enhanced efficiency and improve the Operator experience e.g. opportunities to implement self service / automation, running certain tasks at a global rather than regional level.
- Utilise specialist skills / areas of personal expertise to drive tangible benefits to how we work with Operators both regionally and globally.
- Be an Operator evangelist and a point of expertise for the wider business to call upon for all things Operator related.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Must have the ability to assess and analyse situations accurately, grasping complexities and identifying key issues, applying sound judgement.
- Ability to develop strong relationships through a collaborative, consultative, reliable and empathetic approach.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to adapt approach and style to suit the audience.
- Able to maintain network of key contacts throughout the business and within Operator businesses, developing relationships across all channel parties to ensure the best use of resources and knowledge.
- Able to shift between tactical, day-to-day and strategic, higher-level thinking as situations demand.
- Able to make a persuasive argument to persuade/influence audience.
- Builds trust with team members and colleagues and Operators through consistency, transparency and ownership in actions.
- Able to identify and keep informed key stakeholders.
- Dynamic and self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Experience of working in a technology and / or travel related business with a proven track record of operational support skills.
- In depth technical and / or product understanding of GDS functionality and industry related work experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent level of product and technical awareness with an excellent knowledge of Travelport GDS products and services and continues to develop this knowledge.
- Able to identify and qualify new sales opportunities and hand these to the Operator Business Development and Commercial and / or directly to the Operator as required.
- Committed to providing excellent operational support and demonstrates tenacity when dealing with complex Operator and Operator country-based customer situations.
- Able to multitask and prioritise within a continuously changing environment.
- Able to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organisation and, where appropriate, manage stakeholders across different cultures.
- A team player that can add value technically but also commercially.
- Able to learn quickly and to think on one’s feet.
- Quality of operational support delivered.
- Demonstratable value of improved operational support capability, efficiency, speed, simplified processes within the Operator channel.
- Removing of barriers or implementation of better process that enable increased sales growth and account retention in the Operator channel.
- Operator and customer in Operator managed countries satisfaction.
- Operator NPS score (where implemented).
- Involves close collaboration with all members of the Global Operator Channel and with Operator teams & leaders.
- The Operator Success Manager will successfully work in a matrix environment, influencing and liaising with individuals / departments not under their direct control such as Agency Sales, Consultancy & Implementation, CMO, Commercial Operations, Enablement, API, Product, Corporate Comms, Legal, Tax and Finance and Operator employees.
- Externally the role has significant interaction with Operator employees, third parties at Senior Management level as well as technical influencers and decision makers.